Inappropriate Posts

C

cheryl

Please note the new post report icon located at the top right hand side of the board. If at any time you find a post on this board which violates either the Terms of Service or the Discussion Guidelines of this board please feel free to report it.

Discussion Guidelines
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Please note that from this point forward all reported posts that violate the spirit of this policy will be deleted.

D

dannyboy

I guess that would mean behave as you would if you were at work?

d
biggrin.gif

I

interested

Ahhhh!

-Some accountability for ones actions on the Brown Cafe, nice.

Thank You.

C

cheryl

dannyboy,

In response to your post

I love a good debate and that probably doesn't happen in most workplaces. This forum is designed to allow people the freedom to speak freely. It's the name calling that annoys me. Feel free to argue whatever point of view that you want to represent, everyone is welcome to add their opinion as long as they don't post derogatory personal comments about those that don't agree with them.

L

local804

Very good.........I could see two people who should read this

C

cheryl

A few of you arent't taking the Discussion Guidelines seriously.

Those same individuals will find that some of their posts have been deleted.

You kids had better play by the rules or I will have to separate you...

icon304.gif

C

capnroxxor

Thank you Cheryl. The Yahoo board lacks your moderation skills and thus decends into the sewer. I dont want that to happen here.

L

loyalmbe

tieguy,

What you just said is simply not true, go back a yaer, a year and a half on the yahoo board. The insults, the profanity, the put-downs and inuendo was there before any of the MBE posting. All of the offensive material was then directed at union members and others that the same "Ups'ers" disagreed with. Besides according to beegdadday, all of the pro-MBE posts are coming from 1 or people posting under multiple ids - if this is true and if you guys really want to talk about the stock, simply put all those you disagree with on ignore and have a ball.

Afterall, I believe UPS has about 300,000 employees and thousands of shareholders, certainly their should be enough common ground to discuss without devoting so much time to trying to discredit one or two people.

Anyway, back to the topic of inappropriate posts, I trust Cheryl knows one when she sees one. If she sees one that I made that she feels is out of line, I support her right to delete it.

A

afups

"You and your mbe buddies are the ones that ruined it." Tieguy said.

Hey Tie...Nothing is ruined...Cherly has taken actions to curtail name calling, insults, profanity, etc... I would say we are starting over with a fresh board. Please....Let us keep it that way.

Hoping we can all particiapate in discussions of interest to us. There are many threads on this board that do not interest me. Now and then, I check them out and darned if I don't find some of the information of use to me.

Anyway..........Hope you all have a good day and that the Yankees win tonight.

W

wkmac

Speaking of Yahoo board, what ever happened to ole' EWAVE? That guy could be a scream especially on the old Motley Fool UPS Board. In time I came to see Ewave like a T-Bone dangling from a string over a pack of very hungry dogs. The yepping, barking, growling and snapping that took place when he showed up was at times entertaining. I've seen several UPS boards but nothing ever equaled the Yahoo board when it came to dragging the gutter.

Cheryl, God Bless you for creating Browncafe but nothing has ever equalled those months prior to the stock officially going public on the old Motley Fool board. I came to know a lot of really super people who I still hold in high regard to this very day (including you Cheryl). I sorely miss them all!

W

wkmac

Yeah, I'd forgotten all about the Duckman. You're right, he was a piece of work too.

C

cheryl

wkmac: I agree with you, those pre-ipo discussions were a lot of fun. They were especially energetic because of all the interest generated by the ipo.

By the way, I want to tell you how much I appreciate your contributions to the boards. You have a gift for discussing your ideas and observations in truthful yet amusing ways. I'm always impressed when you are able to express both the positive and negative aspects of topics without taking an emotional stance on either side of the issue.

smooch.gif