Inauguration Day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am a lifelong Pats fan. They will win Sunday evening but no way it will be by 13. Brady is among the elite but does receive special treatment from the refs. I had a chance to see him in person when my son and I went to the Bills/Pats game in Buffalo. He is a big boy---6'4"/6'5" and easily 220 lbs---yet does not like getting hit. Flacco is a very good QB but is not among the elite (yet).

I will not miss Ray Lewis when he walks off the field for the last time Sunday evening.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Harvey Levin of TMZ is a jinx of sorts.
He knows nothing about sports, but tries to pick winners.
He picks the winner and they usually get the Harvey jinx" and go on to lose (even the favorites)
Be curious about the outcome because Harvey picked the Pats..........

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Harvey Levin of TMZ is a jinx of sorts.
He knows nothing about sports, but tries to pick winners.
He picks the winner and they usually get the Harvey jinx" and go on to lose (even the favorites)
Be curious about the outcome because Harvey picked the Pats..........

Go Harvey!!!

(tee hee hee - Ravens all the way. And I am prepared to eat Crow if they lose.)
And Prez....why you messing with my holiday?
You did last year (2011) on the day of the OPENER (MY SAINTS v. Packers).
Prez-just get on with it so we can move on!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Go Harvey!!!

(tee hee hee - Ravens all the way. And I am prepared to eat Crow if they lose.)
And Prez....why you messing with my holiday?
You did last year (2011) on the day of the OPENER (MY SAINTS v. Packers).
Prez-just get on with it so we can move on!

Harvey is just like "the cooler" in Vegas. Good luck with the Ravens!!

Buck Fifty

I don't like the Ravens, but I despise the Patriots. Looking for a Harbaugh brother Super Bowl.

I'm still wondering how my Steelers have #1 defense in league and we finished 8-8. Good Luck to everyone who still has a dog in the hunt.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am a lifelong Pats fan. They will win Sunday evening but no way it will be by 13. Brady is among the elite but does receive special treatment from the refs. I had a chance to see him in person when my son and I went to the Bills/Pats game in Buffalo. He is a big boy---6'4"/6'5" and easily 220 lbs---yet does not like getting hit. Flacco is a very good QB but is not among the elite (yet).

I will not miss Ray Lewis when he walks off the field for the last time Sunday evening.

Hey....I got some crow for all you Pats fans........EAT IT!!!

LMAO RAVENS, RAVENS, RAVENS!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
could there possibly be a greater waste of time and money than having an Inauguration extravaganza for a 2nd term president * try this instead - leave the oval office, walk over to the rose garden, 5 minute speech, then get your ass back to work * done deal

By law, The President is sworn in on January 20, and Barack Obama took the oath from the Chief Justice today. Tomorrow is nothing more than a public ceremony. Why is so much money being wasted like this?

moreluck

golden ticket member
By law, The President is sworn in on January 20, and Barack Obama took the oath from the Chief Justice today. Tomorrow is nothing more than a public ceremony. Why is so much money being wasted like this?
Because Beyonce and Lady Gaga have to make a living too........

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
TO THE HARBOWL!!

So many people are off work today....Maybe I've been working at UPS too long, but is this normal? Seriously? Inauguration Day for a second term get's people out of work?

moreluck

golden ticket member
TO THE HARBOWL!!

So many people are off work today....Maybe I've been working at UPS too long, but is this normal? Seriously? Inauguration Day for a second term get's people out of work?
It's MLK that gets people the day off !! Obama is just trying to upstage him!!

BrownArmy

It's MLK that gets people the day off !! Obama is just trying to upstage him!!

In fact the Constitution requires the President, etc. to be sworn in on the 20th of January - this isn't the first time there has been a 'symbolic' swearing in after the fact.

It's coincidence that Monday was MLK day, but I'm sure they made the most of the moment...

TxRoadDawg

In fact the Constitution requires the President, etc. to be sworn in on the 20th of January - this isn't the first time there has been a 'symbolic' swearing in after the fact.

It's coincidence that Monday was MLK day, but I'm sure they made the most of the moment...
wonder whos gonna get stuck paying for his dog and pony show since this was NOT official

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

wonder whos gonna get stuck paying for his dog and pony show since this was NOT official

I think it would have been an excellent opportunity for the Obamas to show that they were serious about exercising fiscal restraint had they chosen to go with just the private swearing in ceremony. There was no need for the dog and pony show.