Income Inequality

newfie

Lol you couldn't have done any of that without a union which is as far from capitalism as one gets. Guys like you need to take a hard look in the mirror and think about all the sacrifices that older union members made to give you all the material goods you are privy to now.

collective bargaining is every bit a part of capitalism. individuals joining together and selling their labor at a price a buyer is willing to pay.

rickyb

The real problem rickyb has is that he has no money .
I have money which I worked and broke my body to earn .
He will not subject himself to do the same .
Thus all he can do is whine about it .
whining / protesting whatever not necessarily a bad thing. saying everything is wonderful can definitely be a bad thing.

u probably could have had money and not broke your body doing UPS. but they way things are, yes breaking your body was a requirement. im saying it doesnt have to be that way for delivery drivers, there are options.

even if i had alot of money i hope i would still criticize capitalism for the majority of people who it has left behind. dont forget i want many of the things you want: justice, truth, peace, freedom, democracy. and i believe capitalism stands in the way of that.

reforming capitalism is equivalent to reforming slavery.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Start by learning a few things ;
Justice : the only justice in the Halls of Justice are in the halls .
Truth : You can't handle the truth .
Peace , Freedom & Democracy : Are never given , they are earned .

rickyb

Start by learning a few things ;
Justice : the only justice in the Halls of Justice are in the halls .
Truth : You can't handle the truth .
Peace , Freedom & Democracy : Are never given , they are earned .
funny coming from a guy who is afraid to critique his economic system, and who doesnt want to / pretend he doesnt complain.

sometimes complaining is bad, sometimes its good. but clearly america has too little.

JL 0513

whining / protesting whatever not necessarily a bad thing. saying everything is wonderful can definitely be a bad thing.

u probably could have had money and not broke your body doing UPS. but they way things are, yes breaking your body was a requirement. im saying it doesnt have to be that way for delivery drivers, there are options.

even if i had alot of money i hope i would still criticize capitalism for the majority of people who it has left behind. dont forget i want many of the things you want: justice, truth, peace, freedom, democracy. and i believe capitalism stands in the way of that.

You continue too fail to name the alternative to our system. Name a place in the world that has more than Americans. They've tried your way all around the world and where has that gotten them? You bash the system that has created the most wealth for the most people in history. The opposite of capitalism is no freedom and extreme poverty for all but the very top who rule over the people. Your way would leave us poor and slaves to the government. Every liberal "compassionate" intention has the opposite reaction and consequence.

You say there's an alternative to our hard work as UPSer's. And what would that be? Robots and Androids replacing us? Delivering packages is hard work. You're not willing to do that to make a good living. Typical.

newfie

The delivery driver works harder then most and makes more more money then most. What are these options you think are available.

moreluck

golden ticket member

pizza delivery ? Papa John, Dominos, Pizza Hut????

rickyb

The delivery driver works harder then most and makes more more money then most. What are these options you think are available.
i dunno im not an engineer but considering you have record corporate profits and productivity im sure something could be done.

JL 0513

i dunno im not an engineer but considering you have record corporate profits and productivity im sure something could be done.

What are you getting at? We make $90K + health coverage + pension to delivery cardboard and you're essentially equating this and most jobs to slavery. What is it that you want society to give you?

newfie

im saying it doesnt have to be that way for delivery drivers, there are options.

you said there were options to working hard and making that kind of money, I was wondering what they were. What options did you exercise to make that kind of money without working so hard.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What are you getting at? We make $90K + health coverage + pension to delivery cardboard and you're essentially equating this and most jobs to slavery. What is it that you want society to give you?
It's a little more than that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
you said there were options to working hard and making that kind of money, I was wondering what they were. What options did you exercise to make that kind of money without working so hard.
rickyb is a trust fund baby .
living off the wealth that others earned .

rickyb

like i said theres probably something that could be done to make it easier on drivers physically, but the problem is profits.

newfie

like i said theres probably something that could be done to make it easier on drivers physically, but the problem is profits.

are you aware of the many safety and ergonomic improvements made to the package car over the years? Todays package car is a dream compared to what I drove when I started. I'm trying to be fair to your point but you do not seem to understand the topic you are discussing?

rickyb

are you aware of the many safety and ergonomic improvements made to the package car over the years? Todays package car is a dream compared to what I drove when I started. I'm trying to be fair to your point but you do not seem to understand the topic you are discussing?
well thats why i said talk to the engineers. im not a package car expert, but im guessing something could be done to make it better for drivers.

newfie

well thats why i said talk to the engineers. im not a package car expert, but im guessing something could be done to make it better for drivers.

I understand you are not an engineer but are you a upser? you don't seem to understand this issue at all?