Independent contractor routes that net over 1,000,000 a year

Ex-Ex

No just asking ? A relative of mine owns a large amount of routes and was talking about buying some more. I've been to his house and it's pretty impressive.
Impressive, but it could all be gone tomorrow and I speak from experience. Hope all his eggs are not in the Ground scam.

bacha29

The number of routes a contractor can own at given terminal can not exceed 30% of the total number of routes operating out of that terminal. It would be very difficult to find a terminal large enough in terms of the total number of routes that would in turn allow him to have enough routes to reach that 1 million total . Even if the did he would have people working for fast food wages.

dvalleyjim

No just asking ? A relative of mine owns a large amount of routes and was talking about buying some more. I've been to his house and it's pretty impressive.
Get as many as you can and make sure that you pay your drivers salary. You will be filthy rich. no problem. Everybody should do it.

dvalleyjim

I do wonder what he return is, compared to other franchises?
FedEx is in no way a franchise. Ok , buy a subway back when you could. Your in hock for million plus. You bought yourself a 40,000/yr job for five years. After 5 years buy another one. Then buy 2 more. Now your making money. Let's say one day subway takes your sign away. If you own the equipment you can still make subs, and make money. When ex takes their packages from you you have a roach coach.

dvalleyjim

Thanks for explaining what depreciation is. Now maybe you can explain how a business with depreciating assets will be worth less because the value of them are declining? Do you know that there are other things involved in the value of a business besides their tangible assets?

Your not in business because you don't have customers. FedEx is your only customer so they have total control over what you make.

dvalleyjim

You are FedEx. They just pretend you aren't.

That's it. Maybe the iSP now changed to CSP is not Fedex but your drivers are. You don't think so, then ask the people they deliver to and they will tell you that you work for FedEx. Try to explain that you don't.

bacha29

Who said anything about a franchise? It's not a franchise . It is a unilaterally drafted and implemented contract that grants absolute right and power to X that can voided and terminated by X at any time for any reason. Yes, you the contractor have binding arbitration but X reserves the exclusive right to chose who will sit on the panel to insure that the matter will be settled before the contractor arrives at the hearing. Why can't people accept the damn thing for what it is?

bbsam

Staff member
Who said anything about a franchise? It's not a franchise . It is a unilaterally drafted and implemented contract that grants absolute right and power to X that can voided and terminated by X at any time for any reason. Yes, you the contractor have binding arbitration but X reserves the exclusive right to chose who will sit on the panel to insure that the matter will be settled before the contractor arrives at the hearing. Why can't people accept the damn thing for what it is?
Oh. Like a McDonald's...fran...chise...

bacha29

When it comes to command and control as well as work place, discipline you are an employee. When it comes to the divestiture of risk ,liability and variable costs, you are an "independent contractor". It all goes back to what has been said for years. They want it both ways.

Bounty

When it comes to command and control as well as work place, discipline you are an employee. When it comes to the divestiture of risk ,liability and variable costs, you are an "independent contractor". It all goes back to what has been said for years. They want it both ways.
Summed up perfectly!!

It will be fine

Who gets disciplined?

bacha29

The contractor is disciplined. Who else do you think it would be?. If the contractor's driver gets out of line, who is the first person they go after? The contractor, despite the fact that the driver in the opinion G was deemed suitable to operate in the capacity of a delivery driver. Likewise if you as a driving contractor failed to bow low enough to G and made decisions while out on the road they didn't like despite the fact that no company representative was present at the time to effect the company's point of view then you are subjected to company discipline disguised as a so called "business discussion". These people are the masters of spin and the ultimate " Monday morning quarterbacks".

bbsam

Staff member
The contractor is disciplined. Who else do you think it would be?. If the contractor's driver gets out of line, who is the first person they go after? The contractor, despite the fact that the driver in the opinion G was deemed suitable to operate in the capacity of a delivery driver. Likewise if you as a driving contractor failed to bow low enough to G and made decisions while out on the road they didn't like despite the fact that no company representative was present at the time to effect the company's point of view then you are subjected to company discipline disguised as a so called "business discussion". These people are the masters of spin and the ultimate " Monday morning quarterbacks".
Oh golly! A "business discussion"? I guess I get "disciplined" nearly every day for something. I now know that I ignore discipline. In fact it's more something to laugh at with other contractors than anything else.

bacha29

Samy When they took you inside for one of their one sided meetings , don't insult my intelligence with your claim that you laughed right in their face because if you did you would find your vehicles parked out along the road with termination notices on them so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. Your are just one of many IC/ISP's who wrongly believe that they are indispensable in the eyes of X.

bbsam

Staff member
Samy When they took you inside for one of their one sided meetings , don't insult my intelligence with your claim that you laughed right in their face because if you did you would find your vehicles parked out along the road with termination notices on them so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. Your are just one of many IC/ISP's who wrongly believe that they are indispensable in the eyes of X.
Incorrect. A "business discussion" is their way of documentation, nothing more. Termination is a long involved process. We recently had a contractor terminated for cause (a very good cause) and it took nearly a year.

The last business discussion I had was for turning in monthly maintenance reports "late". I turned them in on the 30th at 5pm but they didn't get entered until the next morning. Not my problem. . They had 7 hours to do 5 minutes worth of work, so yes, I laugh at them.

Bounty

Incorrect. A "business discussion" is their way of documentation, nothing more. Termination is a long involved process. We recently had a contractor terminated for cause (a very good cause) and it took nearly a year.

The last business discussion I had was for turning in monthly maintenance reports "late". I turned them in on the 30th at 5pm but they didn't get entered until the next morning. Not my problem. . They had 7 hours to do 5 minutes worth of work, so yes, I laugh at them.
My terminal would not let you leave if monthly report was not handed in the morning of date due.