Indiana-Is a great place to be a bigot....

BrownArmy

THE POINT OF THE LAW IS TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO USE THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS TO GUIDE THEM IN THE WAY THEY RUN THEIR BUSINESSES...

Where to start...

By your measure, Muslims (running businesses) could refuse service to women, with the disclaimer that they felt their 'religious liberties' were being infringed upon.

Jews could refuse service to gentiles.

Buddhists could refuse service to people that were 'unkind'.

Rastafarians could refuse service to non-pot smokers.

Atheists could refuse service to...ANYONE.

There is a difference between the 1st Amendment and straight-up discrimination.

Businesses shouldn't have extra-special rights vs. citizens.

This law in Indiana almost infers extra-special rights above and beyond the guarantees of our CONSTITUTION.

As well, lots of these ideas are already covered in existing Federal and State law.

So tell me, what is broken that this law is fixing?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Where to start...

By your measure, Muslims (running businesses) could refuse service to women, with the disclaimer that they felt their 'religious liberties' were being infringed upon.

This law in Indiana almost infers extra-special rights above and beyond the guarantees of our CONSTITUTION.

As well, lots of these ideas are already covered in existing Federal and State law.

Yes, they CAN refuse service to those people. Will they? Probably not

What does it fix? Hell if I know. People just need to chill out. Go to Colorado and get high, mellow out a bit

brett636

Where to start...

Perhaps, but running a business in this country today is very difficult, and to turn away any customer like how you described is a quick way for a business to shut down. In fact this law doesn't even allow a Christian owned diner to turn away a gay customer, but even if it did why would he? I am not a fan of the gay lifestyle, but I would take their money in a heartbeat if they were my customers at my diner. The argument changes when a Christian is forced to celebrate the gay lifestyle choice by taking part in a gay wedding or similar event. Thats when they are violating their religious beliefs, and while they can choose to take the business if they want they should not have too.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nice selective editing by you to try to make the law say things it does NOT say.

Nice back peddle from your own link.. Sorry chum, but I posted quotes from your link WORD FOR WORD.

You didnt read past the headline unfortunately, but I am not surprised by that.

Nothing I quoted from your link was edited as you claim.

The law is a pile of crap and it will only be a matter of time before it gets watered down to mean nothing.

That wont stop the white christian taliban in Indiana though, they will still intend on imitating "Christian sharia" law on the rest of society.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Perhaps, but running a business in this country today is very difficult, and to turn away any customer like how you described is a quick way for a business to shut down. In fact this law doesn't even allow a Christian owned diner to turn away a gay customer, but even if it did why would he? I am not a fan of the gay lifestyle, but I would take their money in a heartbeat if they were my customers at my diner. The argument changes when a Christian is forced to celebrate the gay lifestyle choice by taking part in a gay wedding or similar event. Thats when they are violating their religious beliefs, and while they can choose to take the business if they want they should not have too.

Psst... just in case your delusions continue to blur your vision....

http://www.eater.com/2015/4/1/83252...blic-deny-service-lgbt-gay-law-discrimination

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Where to start...

I admire your postings and if I could rate them I would. You make the best sense and no matter how many times you explain it, the opposition keeps coming back with nothing more than a diversion to avoid addressing your points.

There has been ZERO cases of religious interference in Indiana, and this confimed by mike pence, so why then the need for this law? Why, if there hadnt been one case of interference was it necessary to construct a law/statute to prevent something that hasnt happened?

Of course, those of us that actually understand the underlying intentions know, that despite the "tame" title of the statute, its real goal is to hinder gays and lesbians by eliminating the civil liabilities in court for Christians who decide to discriminate against LGBT persons.

In other words, its about protecting white old christians from getting sued for discrimination.

Those that think they are standing up for religion are simply standing up for discrimination, no matter how they try to explain it.

Just ask superNword, he knows alltowell what discrimination looks like and how it feels to be kept from expressing the nword on this board at will.. If there was a rule on this board that said he couldnt be held responsible for using that word, then he would use it more than Dr Dre.

TOS.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
He didn't really reject it. Just sent it back to be rewritten.
I'm sure Wal-Mart and other Arkansas corporations made large donations to his election campaign. He wants to keep the gravy flowing into his account.One thing republican crooks are not, is principled. They are all for sale to the highest bidding billionaire.Do you think the republican base will ever realize their republican politicians work for the billionaires and corporations, not them? No matter how fervently the base wants to legally discriminate against gays, if corporations don't want it, well, that's just too damn bad.AND that's why the Republican base has (for years) not realized how they are being played on the abortion issue. There isn't one Republican office holder who wants abortion to be outlawed from a political standpoint. They want the issue in perpetuity.

ImWaitingForTheDay

More "tolerance" being demonstrated by the left.

Breaking: Hateful Far Left HS Coach Suspended After Threatening Christian Indiana Pizzeria
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...after-threatening-christian-indiana-pizzeria/
Egads.
So much stupidity.
And in Indiana, of all places.
I don't get it......are they lonely and envious of places like Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama,Texas??????
Remember when Governor Pence swore blind that this law was not going to encourage discrimination? Bizarre.....

oldngray

nowhere special
Egads.
So much stupidity.
And in Indiana, of all places.
I don't get it......are they lonely and envious of places like Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama,Texas??????
Remember when Governor Pence swore blind that this law was not going to encourage discrimination? Bizarre.....

The law didn't encourage discrimination. It is obvious the liberals were already bigoted without needing any more reasons.

oldngray

nowhere special
sk033115dAPR20150331104607.jpg

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just ask superballs63, he knows alltowell what discrimination looks like and how it feels to be kept from expressing the nword on this board at will.. If there was a rule on this board that said he couldnt be held responsible for using that word, then he would use it more than Dr Dre.

TOS.

I know alltowell? I know many towels, but ALL of them is a stretch.

You're right though, if I wouldn't be slapped on the wrist I'd certainly use the word where it is appropriate, ABSOLUTELY.

I can't think I would use it MORE tham Dr. Dre, he sure does use it an awful lot.

ImWaitingForTheDay

The law didn't encourage discrimination. It is obvious the liberals were already bigoted without needing any more reasons.
I don't know how many different ways you need to hear this.. YOU DON'T NEED THESE LAWS. Nothing anyone is doing is hurting your religion. When you claim you need "protection" you are LYING. So there is no point in debating. A lie cannot be defeated, which is why you cowards always have to resort to it.In four days we will get to see if he is the Guv of Walmart or the Guv of the bigots...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He didn't really reject it. Just sent it back to be rewritten.

That would be a REJECTION vs a VETO, which would have put him at odds with the legislature.

He rejected the language contained as he knows what the hidden meanings are, and he wants them taken out.

Pretty simple stuff.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Ya, millions of people are just stupid for no reason OLDGRAY... From corporations to individuals, they are the stupid ones and YOU are the informed one.

Give us a break.

You couldnt even understand your own link you provided towards this story.

TOS.