Individual Consideration

TUT

Most people who have a superiority complex can't, therefore they put down those who can. Don't worry you aren't the only one.

Yeah ok, whatever you do, don't take sound advice and make it like that. I'm for you guys getting more, go ****in do it? If not you can live in your misery or find something better, that's on you. But yeah make is sound like I think I'm superior. I'm being told my opinion here doesn't matter (who's superior there?), but I also have a unique vantage to help build your picture. Like when someone says "Express is better than ground". No your not, I have numbers proving it. Your about equal. "**** has fallen apart and customers are going to see it", they slipped perhaps a smidgen, nothing I'm panicking over. "If customers knew who Fedex treated us we would be appalled", were not, a lot of people are being treated poorly all over the workplace these days and you haven't bled for other industries that have been swallowed up over the years, you just kept on going in your world. I have a lot more in common with the lowest worker at Fedex, than I do with an owner/ceo of a successful company. It's just the energy put forth here by some could go a longs way to improving one's own situation. But ignore it, it doesn't fit well with the "Misery loves company" crowd, I get it.

fedex435

I couldn't disagree more that everyone should be treated equally. That's the biggest problem with this company. You have people that take pride in their work and go out everyday and work hard, those are the people that you call brown nosers, and then you have the "I've earned the right" crowd that thinks that they don't have to work hard so they do the bare minimum on a good day. In the end everybody basically gets the same raise no matter how hard or lazy they may be. So if a hard working courier gets some preferential treatment and keeps their job after 90 days then good for them. As for the lazy bum that doesn't get their job back I said great! That's how it should be. Management needs to get rid of the dead weight in this company and reward the people that work hard for this company.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
So if a hard working courier gets some preferential treatment and keeps their job after 90 days then good for them. As for the lazy bum that doesn't get their job back I said great! That's how it should be. Management needs to get rid of the dead weight in this company and reward the people that work hard for this company.

Wait until the day you find out that the lazy bum that goes past 90 days actually has 1 year to return.
As for rewarding the hard workers, I totally agree.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I couldn't disagree more that everyone should be treated equally. That's the biggest problem with this company. You have people that take pride in their work and go out everyday and work hard, those are the people that you call brown nosers, and then you have the "I've earned the right" crowd that thinks that they don't have to work hard so they do the bare minimum on a good day. In the end everybody basically gets the same raise no matter how hard or lazy they may be. So if a hard working courier gets some preferential treatment and keeps their job after 90 days then good for them. As for the lazy bum that doesn't get their job back I said great! That's how it should be. Management needs to get rid of the dead weight in this company and reward the people that work hard for this company.

Please remember we are talking about policy here, and policy must be applied equally. You still aren't "getting it". Why should anyone work hard and show pride in FedEx these days? All you are is a robot that delivers boxes, and if you can't deliver them fast enough, Fred will find another one to replace you. He's ripped you off for almost 30% of your wages in the last 10 years, and you still want to bust your hump for him? WAD.

20 years ago, we were nearly equal with UPS. The benefits were good, the retirement was OK, and the money was decent. Now, the UPS driver is making at least 75k, pays nothing for superior medical, gets a pension that puts your crap PPA annuity to shame, and has union representation. You're lucky if you make 45k in comparison, with benefits a UPS driver would laugh at.

Wake the hell up.

fedex435

I'm wide awake and I "get it". I'm just as frustrated, if not more, than anyone. I don't work hard to show my fedex pride. I work hard because I take pride in myself and want to set a good example for my children. I'd leave in a second if I could find something better but I can't because I was an idiot and didn't work hard in school.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm wide awake and I "get it". I'm just as frustrated, if not more, than anyone. I don't work hard to show my fedex pride. I work hard because I take pride in myself and want to set a good example for my children. I'd leave in a second if I could find something better but I can't because I was an idiot and didn't work hard in school.

It's great to have pride in yourself...just don't waste it on FedEx. Use that work ethic and go back to school or re-double your efforts to leave if you're young enough.

TUT

Whats the big deal? I already know this type of stuff goes on in corporations. Look at ours. It's not illegal till you get caught seems to be the way corporations think now. Ask the family that got wiped out by someone that's been driving for 16 hrs if they really care.

Well more people are responding to it than unfair working environment at Fedex. Probably because sticking something inside of you is a bigger deal. But you are spot on about how Corps do things. Sysco said, we have stopped this and all deliveries are now made by frigerated trucks. Well that is one massive change that has to be costing them dearly. Then one of their board members steps down. You got to love Corps when they lose a lawsuit (meaning guilty) and they immediately state, we do not agree and felt no wrong doing... as they poisoned a river with oil in the N.W and say, it was inconsequential. Yeah the first corp that admits fault will be the first. Pretty sickening, as if they are supreme-humans. Lying through your teeth is the new proper method to business. Makes you doubly sorry for the Indians.

overflowed

Well more people are responding to it than unfair working environment at Fedex. Probably because sticking something inside of you is a bigger deal. But you are spot on about how Corps do things. Sysco said, we have stopped this and all deliveries are now made by frigerated trucks. Well that is one massive change that has to be costing them dearly. Then one of their board members steps down. You got to love Corps when they lose a lawsuit (meaning guilty) and they immediately state, we do not agree and felt no wrong doing... as they poisoned a river with oil in the N.W and say, it was inconsequential. Yeah the first corp that admits fault will be the first. Pretty sickening, as if they are supreme-humans. Lying through your teeth is the new proper method to business. Makes you doubly sorry for the Indians.
I said illegal not unfair. From the story I viewed it looked like a pissed off driver basically thinking these assclowns are taking my hours. I guarantee they were doing this to cut hours. Good on him either way.