Indy 500

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you watching it ?

Ever been there ?

2lyg4j.jpg

Last year, I sat above the entrance to pit row.... Watched the drivers coming out of turn 4.... 100th Anniversary.

RIP.... Dan Wheldon

texan

All my childhood, every Memorial day weekend, it was on.

My father was a former / minor dirt track racer, years and years ago. Even the family cars growing up
were exotic high horespower ones until children came along.

Every Memorial Day, Lloyd Ruby, Jackie Stewart, Al Unser, A.J. Foyt, Bobby Unser, Jim Clark, Parnelli Jones and many others
filled our living room on our RCA TV.

Not so much anymore as my wife does not appreciate racing.

We have two TV's, but I find it a little unloving to leave and watch TV by myself. (I really do not watch that much TV)

Such is love and marriage. To stay in the living room and let her watch what she wants.

I miss Indy races of old and the competitors of that era.

texan

I am not one of those it was better in the old days people.

They did not have the saftey they have now. But I love the older Indy races.

texan

I could only imagine. 225 to 235mph in the straights.
[video=youtube;E2OjGpZ2cOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2OjGpZ2cOQ[/video]

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am not one of those it was better in the old days people.

They did not have the saftey they have now. But I love the older Indy races.

I have a video, of the parade of cars from years past.... before the start of the race.

Just a couple on youtube. I will post it.... But for now.... A salute to our troops.

1gkjtv.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Judds just never made "it"

Oh the sell records, make nice money but, they just never had that something that neutral fans like.

Reba and the others that are still up front somehow and have "it"

Shame..
This particular Judd is not the singer.....Ashley's the actress...... Winona and the mom (Naomi) are the singers.

rod

Retired 22 years
All my childhood, every Memorial day weekend, it was on.

My father was a former / minor dirt track racer, years and years ago. Even the family cars growing up
were exotic high horespower ones until children came along.

Every Memorial Day, Lloyd Ruby, Jackie Stewart, Al Unser, A.J. Foyt, Bobby Unser, Jim Clark, Parnelli Jones and many others
filled our living room on our RCA TV.

Not so much anymore as my wife does not appreciate racing.

We have two TV's, but I find it a little unloving to leave and watch TV by myself. (I really do not watch that much TV)

Such is love and marriage. To stay in the living room and let her watch what she wants.

I miss Indy races of old and the competitors of that era.

I would shoot myself if I had to watch what the wife likes. We have totally different tastes when it comes to the boobtube. We have 5 TVs so it isn't hard to go find something else on. Actually I watch alot of stuff on the TV in my workshop.

texan

On this day, 30 May 1911, Ray Harroun won the first 500-mile auto race at the Brickyard, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Harroun won the race with an average speed of 74.59 MPH. It took him six hours and 42 minutes to complete the race.
He won $14,000 for his effort.