INEXPERIENCE MATTERS

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Maybe it is different for drivers and in other centers. But as a PT Sup I would be worried more about an unexperienced FT Sup than an unexperienced center manager. In my neck of the woods our FT On Cars do all of the work on the operations side.

I talk to my center manager via text more than I see him face to face....

Overpaid Union Thug

OUR NEW CENTER MANAGER HAS 0 DRIVING EXPERIENCE, CAME STRAIGHT OUT FROM PRELOAD PART-TIME DISPATCH ASST. PART-TIME PRELOAD AND RELOAD SUPS ARE DISQUALIFIED EMPLOYEE AND KID OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL WITH 0 UPS KNOWLEDGE. ON-ROAD SUP HAS BEEN MOVED IN BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM. DISPATCH DOESNT REALLY HAPPEN UNTIL 1 MINUTE BEFORE START-TIME WHEN THE PAGES OF ADDCUTS COME DOWN. IS THE MGMT JOB POOL THAT EMPTY SO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DO THE JOB HAVE TO LISTEN TO PERSONEL WHO ARE CLUELESS OR SHOULD WE JUST DO AWAY WITH ALL MID-LEVEL MGMT BRING BACK DRIVER SORT/LOAD AND DO THE JOB OURSELVES...

You are wrong. He has/she has plenty of experience. You said so yourself. Part-time sups are seasoned metrics monkeys and that can be applied to managing a center. LOL!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
And it's your fault because you will not take a promotion into management.

You so crazy!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1423438780.422532.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We get CMs with no delivery experience all the time. My Hub is across town from Corporate and they will send somebody over to see what the inside of a package car looks like. We have had a lawyer, HR person, and my last one was an Industrial Engineer. We are in between them now, we are getting back a guy that started out driving a package car in my Center. We got the "there is a new sheriff in town" speech the other morning, he isn't going to let some things slide like the last one.

We get CMs with no delivery experience all the time. My Hub is across town from Corporate and they will send somebody over to see what the inside of a package car looks like. We have had a lawyer, HR person, and my last one was an Industrial Engineer. We are in between them now, we are getting back a guy that started out driving a package car in my Center. We got the "there is a new sheriff in town" speech the other morning, he isn't going to let some things slide like the last one.
12957311_1.jpg

neiko

Lets face it most driver sups dont go on the road unless they have to . The good ones that will go on any rte at anytime with no knowledge or on blind are usually transferred with in a year .only qualification for driver sup is u can lie with a straight face to dtivers . All the decent sups get moved in my experience

PT Car Washer

And then when they make everyone toe the line the plan falls apart and they learn they need to be more flexible. Way too many variables in this job.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've had so many I don't even remember a lot of their names anymore. The one that works in legal department stayed hidden in the office all the time. After a month or two I went up to him and introduced myself, I was wondering who he was.

ManInBrown

[/QUOTE]Our center manager was barely qualified as a driver (about 6 weeks) then was promoted to center manager. Zero ORS experience, zero real world experience, 22 years old, barely able to run the DIAD, still pooping out driving school chow, and now trying to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong. That's disturbing.[/QUOTE]

Your center manager is 22 years old? WOW

PT Car Washer

Our center manager was barely qualified as a driver (about 6 weeks) then was promoted to center manager. Zero ORS experience, zero real world experience, 22 years old, barely able to run the DIAD, still pooping out driving school chow, and now trying to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong. That's disturbing.[/QUOTE]

Your center manager is 22 years old? WOW[/QUOTE]
Why not? We have PT preload sups who are 12 years old. Or at least they act 12.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Last edited:
OUR NEW CENTER MANAGER HAS 0 DRIVING EXPERIENCE, CAME STRAIGHT OUT FROM PRELOAD PART-TIME DISPATCH ASST. PART-TIME PRELOAD AND RELOAD SUPS ARE DISQUALIFIED EMPLOYEE AND KID OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL WITH 0 UPS KNOWLEDGE. ON-ROAD SUP HAS BEEN MOVED IN BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM. DISPATCH DOESNT REALLY HAPPEN UNTIL 1 MINUTE BEFORE START-TIME WHEN THE PAGES OF ADDCUTS COME DOWN. IS THE MGMT JOB POOL THAT EMPTY SO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DO THE JOB HAVE TO LISTEN TO PERSONEL WHO ARE CLUELESS OR SHOULD WE JUST DO AWAY WITH ALL MID-LEVEL MGMT BRING BACK DRIVER SORT/LOAD AND DO THE JOB OURSELVES...
The op needs a winner and a useful to complete a perfect lucky charm post for his first post.