Infected/ Please Correct

vantexan

He didn't and he has every reason to suspect possible sabotage.
I hear the higher ups (district/region level) are asking the managers what employees are talking about, and they are not happy at all when this site is mentioned.
This is something FedEx is not used to, they like to keep their employees in the dark as much as possible and this site is threatening that.
Cheryl please understand this is an information network to help us fight what it is happening, and be watchful of possible corporate hacker infiltrations.

Deep in the bowels of an underground bunker a mile below the Memphis Cache, a band of men, sworn to secrecy, are discussing the growing threat of the terrorist cell known only as Al-cafe-ya.

"Gentlemen, vee have vays to make dem talk" sneered the leader, known only as "the Hands".

"Well, shucks fearless leader" said Dan O'Leary, the newest member, "are you sure you can handle'em? They sure seem tough."

"Listen Dan O'...do you know why yer the 59th member to be admitted to our original 11 this year? The previous 58 were yella! Buck up or go back to driving my limo!"

"Now, back to the Empire. The emperor wants results. Here's the plan: we spread misinformation through Operative R1b. R1a failed. Dan O', call R1b and repeat these words: "you are clear to barn". This will trigger the same response that makes couriers drive like maniacs. She'll know what to do from there. She has identified MrFedEx through clues he's dropped, and he's totally enamored with her scantily clad avatars. We take out their brains, the rest turn into mindless zombies.

"Great Scott, but that's pure genius sir!" said Dan O'.

"The plan?" said the Hands.

"No, the shadow animals you make waving your hands like that. Ooooh, a bunny!!!!"

"Sigh" said the Hands.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
wow.Thanks for the false accusations / paranoia mr fedex. Do you honestly believe that I am implanting viruses here after 13 years of operation? No record of this in 13 years and now it's happening? Provide some documentation and follow up with me. I will guarantee that this is not happening here and I use my real name. You are anonymous.You were removed as a moderator for inappropriate behavior. Since you're making false accusations maybe it's time for you to move on as a member too.
Wow indeed. Cheryl you seem to be shooting from the hip here. MFE was blaming FedEx, not you or the other moderators here. I would certainly think a message such as this would have been better sent via PM. Just my 2 cents.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Could certainly be my mistake. I am unsure since I am responding to a public post from a former moderator whose intentions are unclear.

texan

Anti-Virus. I use Bitdefender.

I assisted a few family members and friends who's subscription ran out and did not have the money, not wanted to
pay for it's renewal.

To those that have the excellent free ones out there, I have found AVG does report some false positives.

I have found that Avira is an excellent program to have if you want a free one.

I had Mcafee and it failed me a few years ago.

Norton is also excellent, but it uses a lot of resource of the CPU and system.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Could certainly be my mistake. I am unsure since I am responding to a public post from a former moderator whose intentions are unclear.

Nice. You obviouly mis-read my post and now you turn on me like a jackal. I was simply notifying users of a potential problem and seeing if others might have had a similar experience. Nice of yoh to keep dredging-up the past. My concern is legitimate.

over9five

Staff member
MFE, I'm the one who Cheryl was talking about. I PM'd Cheryl thinking it was a Brown Cafe thing, as it popped up every time I changed a page here. I even tried other sites where it didn't come up, so I thought it was just here. Eventually, I hit other sites where it did come up (sites that use Tynt, I guess).
Anyhow, it turned out to be AVG which had just upgraded itself that morning. They must have friend'd something up in their update. I uninstalled AVG, and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. No more warnings.

Not saying this is the problem you're having, but if you want to compare the problems, let me know!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE, I'm the one who Cheryl was talking about. I PM'd Cheryl thinking it was a Brown Cafe thing, as it popped up every time I changed a page here. I even tried other sites where it didn't come up, so I thought it was just here. Eventually, I hit other sites where it did come up (sites that use Tynt, I guess).
Anyhow, it turned out to be AVG which had just upgraded itself that morning. They must have friend'd something up in their update. I uninstalled AVG, and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. No more warnings.

Not saying this is the problem you're having, but if you want to compare the problems, let me know!

Please take me off moderated status. I've done nothing that requires pre-screening on my posts. I had a legimate concern that was affecting the site (please note that others have reported anomalies too). I know I'm not one of Cheryl's favorites here...I get it. Thanks for your concern and input.

vantexan

Please take me off moderated status. I've done nothing that requires pre-screening on my posts. I had a legimate concern that was affecting the site (please note that others have reported anomalies too). I know I'm not one of Cheryl's favorites here...I get it. Thanks for your concern and input.

I thought the name of the game is traffic? The way you bring traffic to this site you should be at least getting Christmas cards from her! Sort of like the good liberal/bad conservative discussions. Kind of like looking at an accident as you drive by.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as well, and had to download Windows Defender offline in order to find it and get rid of it permanently. It sounds like exactly the problem I was having.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I thought the name of the game is traffic. The way you bring traffic to this site You should be at least getting Christmas cards from her! Sort of like the good liberal/bad conservative discussions. Kind of like looking at an accident as you drive by.

Red-headed bastard stepchild.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My anti-virus notified me it had one in suspend mode. This was during a response to 59Dano. It's starting to make sense now

There's a cognitive bias in which people erroneously attribute certain outcomes to preconceived prejudices.

Then again, maybe it had something to do with me. MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Then again, maybe you just lack a basic understanding of what is and isn't possible on internet message boards.

I'm picking the latter.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Deep in the bowels of an underground bunker a mile below the Memphis Cache, a band of men, sworn to secrecy, are discussing the growing threat of the terrorist cell known only as Al-cafe-ya.

"Gentlemen, vee have vays to make dem talk" sneered the leader, known only as "the Hands".

"Well, shucks fearless leader" said Dan O'Leary, the newest member, "are you sure you can handle'em? They sure seem tough."

"Listen Dan O'...do you know why yer the 59th member to be admitted to our original 11 this year? The previous 58 were yella! Buck up or go back to driving my limo!"

"Now, back to the Empire. The emperor wants results. Here's the plan: we spread misinformation through Operative R1b. R1a failed. Dan O', call R1b and repeat these words: "you are clear to barn". This will trigger the same response that makes couriers drive like maniacs. She'll know what to do from there. She has identified MrFedEx through clues he's dropped, and he's totally enamored with her scantily clad avatars. We take out their brains, the rest turn into mindless zombies.

"Great Scott, but that's pure genius sir!" said Dan O'.

"The plan?" said the Hands.

"No, the shadow animals you make waving your hands like that. Ooooh, a bunny!!!!"

"Sigh" said the Hands.

The greatest thing about this place is that it doesn't take much of anything for some people (not you, not usually, I know you're just having a good laugh at my expense, which is fine) to spend a lot of time conjuring up all sorts of black helicopter silliness about me.

It really does fascinate me.

vantexan

The greatest thing about this place is that it doesn't take much of anything for some people (not you, not usually, I know you're just having a good laugh at my expense, which is fine) to spend a lot of time conjuring up all sorts of black helicopter silliness about me.

It really does fascinate me.

Glad you took that in the spirit intended!