Inflation

david cassin

dublinbrown
no ups is not doing enough for their employees
inflation in ireland last year was 4.5 % we got a lame excuse of 3 % in wage increase
this year its at 5 % and again the lame effort of 2.8 %. last week
we worked as many of ye have last year with staff shortages
our business was up over 25 %
then we get the sad excuse "your above your grade" and when i ask what grade am i on i get silence....
look at our first qtr results .....making more money for our mgmt.:angry:

I count my blessings that I have a job and my salary is as good as it is. There are a great number of people out there that have been let go, unemployment runs out and stuck in low paying jobs. UPS also has its issues with the prices as they have to pay for fuel, healthcare and all the other things we struggle with. We need to change our Dependency on fossil fuels and healthcare issues so we can advance.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I totally agree. Govt needs to stay out of a lot of things. They screw up social security and now everyone wants to jump on the national health care bandwagon. Tax the oil companines if they profit more than X amount of money and what will happen? The will cut supply so they stay under that profit limit and guess what? Prices go up and not down.

Liberalism always generates the opposite of its stated intent. -Jim Quinn
HA, I found a fellow Quinn and Rose fan!!, (mostly Quinn)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
More like money will be taken from the haves and given to the too-lazy-to-go-out-and-get-their-own.

I love going to the grocery store and getting in line with my ground chuck behind a welfare receipient buying angus beef...I always feel tempted to say something smart, like "Glad my tax dollars are keeping you fed..."

ERGGHH. "Wow hope you enjoy your Tbones, shrimp, babybackribs, (as big as your cart), and your children enjoy their pop, chips, candy, ice cream, cookies, and other wonderful junk foods. (dont worry in a few yrs I will fix their teeth also)
But thats Ok take your time, i barely have time to grab this head of lettuce so I can go home and eat a healthy dinner. Its 8 pm, but go ahead and get your 4 cartons of cigarettes, after you get your food stamp total, that will be 160.00 out of my hard earned tax dollars.and dont forget the beer and wine, another 45.00, Oh and yes I know you must play the lotto also, you are poor and you need to win the lotto... spend Oh I would say 80 dollars on scratch offs.
Ok its 820, my lettuce has wilted, and so has my spirit. you have spent more discretionary income in 20 minutes than I have all month. Your slimy, unruly children, have been rudely running through this aisle for 20 minutes, shoving me pushing me, no regard, or decency. No respect. And I have to go, so throw my lettuce away. After all tomorrow I have to go to work to pay for you rude, lazy, thoughless, "pooR" people . What a joke.
This is why the middle class is disappearing. We are giving it all to the "poor", and nothing left for us. Well we are not giving it, but its being taken from us.

Get the fair tax to pass and we all Get at least a 25% raise, if we had the fair tax in place there is no need for alot of the Manufacturing Jobs to move out of the country, i could go on and on but i think you get the picture....

mrvngrdns

Get the fair tax to pass and we all Get at least a 25% raise, if we had the fair tax in place there is no need for alot of the Manufacturing Jobs to move out of the country, i could go on and on but i think you get the picture....

It's an interesting concept, and I hope people finally get fed up enough with our current system to where the Republicans and Democrats really listen, and give it some serious thought.

upsgrunt

ERGGHH. "Wow hope you enjoy your Tbones, shrimp, babybackribs, (as big as your cart), and your children enjoy their pop, chips, candy, ice cream, cookies, and other wonderful junk foods. (dont worry in a few yrs I will fix their teeth also)
But thats Ok take your time, i barely have time to grab this head of lettuce so I can go home and eat a healthy dinner. Its 8 pm, but go ahead and get your 4 cartons of cigarettes, after you get your food stamp total, that will be 160.00 out of my hard earned tax dollars.and dont forget the beer and wine, another 45.00, Oh and yes I know you must play the lotto also, you are poor and you need to win the lotto... spend Oh I would say 80 dollars on scratch offs.
Ok its 820, my lettuce has wilted, and so has my spirit. you have spent more discretionary income in 20 minutes than I have all month. Your slimy, unruly children, have been rudely running through this aisle for 20 minutes, shoving me pushing me, no regard, or decency. No respect. And I have to go, so throw my lettuce away. After all tomorrow I have to go to work to pay for you rude, lazy, thoughless, "pooR" people . What a joke.
This is why the middle class is disappearing. We are giving it all to the "poor", and nothing left for us. Well we are not giving it, but its being taken from us.

And then...... They insist that an market employee push their carts out to their Cadilac Escalade and load up their purchase for them.

mountaingoat

[/quote]I can't wait. :knockedout: Like the saying goes "Keep working hard - There are millions on welfare that need your support."[/QUOTE]

True, true.

LV_TSC

Going Green!
My favorite thing about living in Chicago (not that this has anything to do with the city itself but I always saw it there) is when I passed the section 8 housing in this one suburban area... I counted 3 or 4 escalades at any given time upon passing.
My ex and I always commented on that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My favorite thing about living in Chicago (not that this has anything to do with the city itself but I always saw it there) is when I passed the section 8 housing in this one suburban area... I counted 3 or 4 escalades at any given time upon passing.
My ex and I always commented on that.
Yeah, too bad some government employee isnt sitting there at the welfare office, or anywhere on the first at any store to see it. "oh wait I cant swipe my card while Im on my cell phone"

Griff

Whole lot of racist garbage being spewed in this thread. Amazing how many people on this board continue to supply more fuel for the truck driver/blue collar stereotype. The average welfare child is white, has one sibling and an unmarried mother. Yes, that's right more white people are on welfare than black.

LV_TSC

Going Green!
Hey man, I thought section 8 was equal opportunity.
I'll hate everyone equally who drives an environment destroying escalade no matter where they live or how unfortunate they are.
I'd actually believe there are more white people on welfare.... but then, we have a 3rd "Race" in the mix here, since I live in the southwest.... I could research those numbers, but at this point - I've given up on caring.

Whole lot of racist garbage being spewed in this thread. Amazing how many people on this board continue to supply more fuel for the truck driver/blue collar stereotype. The average welfare child is white, has one sibling and an unmarried mother. Yes, that's right more white people are on welfare than black.

Griff, I may have missed something, but I didn't read anywhere in this thread someone talk about any race.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
it happens every time the subject of welfare is brought up.

I know I never said anything about race when I mentioned lazy, slimy, stealing tax dollars, etc.

If I interjected it, I missed it. It seems to be an equal opportunity sleaze job.

I dislike anyone who has the time to figure out how to get benefits which are supposed to be for the purpose of getting back, or on your feet.

And if they had to work as hard as most of us do, they would not have the time to commit crimes, fraud the govt, etc. They would be working, and trying to spend time with family, etc.

Average at Best

it happens every time the subject of welfare is brought up.

I know I never said anything about race when I mentioned lazy, slimy, stealing tax dollars, etc.

Lazy people exist on all racial lines, from what I've seen. I worked at a grocery store in a very rural area when I was a kid, and trust me, there are plenty of white folks willing to suck up those welfare bucks. But I don't think anyone mentioned race here...I think its just a bunch of hard-working folks hating on the lazy people who could work but would rather get rewarded for doing nothing.