Info about Mapp testing

ImpactedTSG

His unethically acquired information may not be relevant.

Good luck.
Maybe the essay questions won't be the same, but they will be similar in structure and objectives to the current ones.

BTW, you sound so high and mighty. You've never fudged a number or timecard to meet the "balanced scorecard requirements"? If not, you are one of the few managers that haven't. I've sat in on or overheard a lot of meetings where they discussed ways to circumvent the numbers. That seems to be the only way to hit the lofty goals set by corporate.

J

Jdog

Is there anyone out there that can give examples of the Panel Interview Questions? I am awaiting my Panel and would like to be a little more prepared. Thanks for your help.

Tony31yrs

Study the management quotes under discussions. Memorize these and throw all common sense and integrity out the window. If you manage to BS your way trhough the interview, they will set you up with a Dr. for your lobotomy. Be ready to tell former friends and co-workers to do things that you know won't work, but are recommended by IE.

BrownBadger

I took the MAPP test and passed everything easily. I got to the interview and they then told me that I did not have enough experience. Why not tell me that before I made the trip? You need to know the most basic math skills, basically grade school percentages, addition, and subtraction. They will give you a pencil and notepad in the interview to "write things down." They really want to see you write your thoughts out on the paper for some reason. Most likely because they have trouble processing more than one thing in their tiny brain.

trickpony1

Tell the panel there is no greater honor in this life, or the next, than being in management for this company.
Have a tie to wear the following Monday. :lol::lol:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mailbox.jpg

This is a picture of a mailbox with outgoing mail, which is indicated by the red flag being in the "up" position.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have submitted my letter of intent and understand I will have to take a management test. Can someone give me an idea of what to expect on this test?.....I only found 2 example questions on the upsers website. I heard there was math on the test. I have been out of school for over 15 years, trying to figure out what math skills I need to brush up on. I have been in management within a private organization for over 10 years so I do not think the work ethics questions will pose a problem.

Any information would be apreciated.
"work ethics"??? You want to be a UPS manager? For shame!! Get that nasty word(ethics) out of your vocabulary RIGHT NOW!!! If you pass the test, hold on to your boot straps and get ready for Soul-Sucking School(management training school). If you think I am kidding, then take this dare. Record yourself talking about what lines you are not willing to cross, as far as ethics go. Then, God forbid, after 10 yrs on the job, pull the video out and tell me what line you didn't cross. I will bet now that every line you vowed you wouldn't cross, you did. But, it gets better. You will be able to justify why you did.
SOUL-SUCKING SCHOOL!!!!!
Tell me you would never short someone's check to make a number.
Tell me you would never add 40 stops to a driver because you wish they would "retire early".
Tell me you would never order your sups to intentionally injure an employee.
Tell me you would never look me in the face and intentionally lie about anything.
Shall I go on?
I could for hours.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"work ethics"??? You want to be a UPS manager? For shame!! Get that nasty word(ethics) out of your vocabulary RIGHT NOW!!! If you pass the test, hold on to your boot straps and get ready for Soul-Sucking School(management training school). If you think I am kidding, then take this dare. Record yourself talking about what lines you are not willing to cross, as far as ethics go. Then, God forbid, after 10 yrs on the job, pull the video out and tell me what line you didn't cross. I will bet now that every line you vowed you wouldn't cross, you did. But, it gets better. You will be able to justify why you did.
SOUL-SUCKING SCHOOL!!!!!
Tell me you would never short someone's check to make a number.
Tell me you would never add 40 stops to a driver because you wish they would "retire early".
Tell me you would never order your sups to intentionally injure an employee.
Tell me you would never look me in the face and intentionally lie about anything.
Shall I go on?
I could for hours.

LOL ... ANTI-Socks ... albeit a good laugh. This is of the funnier posts I've seen lately.