Info from some FedEx ground drivers today...

BrownArmy

Ground Drivers aren't held to many(or any) standards compared to the Express Couriers.. I once had a Ground Driver who would leave his truck idle(on the dock) as he delivered a 8 story office building.

The same driver I'm talking about will leave his truck idling for twenty minutes, all doors open, while he delivers office buildings, colleges, etc.

This guy complains to me that he's 'slammed', but his truck at 13:00 looks like my truck at 18:00...everything organized, off the floor, etc.

I guess everything's relative.

overallowed

Ground Drivers aren't held to many(or any) standards compared to the Express Couriers.. I once had a Ground Driver who would leave his truck idle(on the dock) as he delivered a 8 story office building.
I always thought they let the truck idle all day because of fear it would not start again. A large amount of FedEx ground trucks are old enough you can still see the RPS logo that has been painted over. Bulkhead/rear door open issues? This has happened since they were RPS. If somebody steals it, they don't have to fool with delivering it.