Info on a temp position

clean hairy

If you have health insurance where you are now, you will lose it when your quit.
You will not have any health insurance at UPS for quite some time, so figure if you can afford to keep your current health insuance by making the Cobra payments.
Any idea how much it would cost under Cobra?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Let me mention too deer park top rate is 23.75 temps in philly at ups start at 18.75 then if kept bumped to 22.50 and I already have the mind set that I'm leaving and I have a back up plan to join a trade union if all fails as a temp
It seems like you don't want to listen to anything EXPERIENCED upsers have to say.

HBGPreloader

I'm not a driver. But, when I started at UPS 8 years ago, HR told me that there would be permanent PC driver positions opening up "soon".
Fortunately, I wasn't interested because (nearly*) everyone that started around the same time or after I did, who wanted to drive, ended up moving on.
*There are a few permanent drivers that started after me. One was a recent off-the-street hire. One was supervisor who became a PC driver. And, 2 or 3 others had experience and a CDL that allowed them to move into feeders fairly quickly - within 3 months to a year.
There may be others that I am not aware of.

Indecisi0n

Honestly the chances might be slim to non but they are still there. I was told by my current shop steward to keep looking for other work while temping because the chances of me being hired was slim to none and that was years ago. Still here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly the chances might be slim to non but they are still there. I was told by my current shop steward to keep looking for other work while temping because the chances of me being hired was slim to none and that was years ago. Still here.

I have a feeling you are still here because you fill several quotas.

clean hairy

You have been excellent given valuable advice from many who have been doing this for years.
You seem to only want to hear from those who will say what you want to hear.
Are you willing to give up any time with your family during the Holidays? You will be hard pressed for any time with them during the Holidays.