Info on a temp position

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It's high risk, high reward situation.

It's silly to come on here seeking advice... every area of the country is different. My building went 10 years without adding a FT driver, but has added so many in the past 4 that it's hiring off the street to fill needs as no more PT are elgible/interested.

Man Of Brown

You need to ask where the center isin the 1:6 ratio. The company hires one off the street and five internally. Unless no one internally is qualified or interested. You could be an star, the best driver in the building, loved by management, etc. But if they can't hire from the outside, they can't hire from the outside.

Sounds like you have a general idea of the work because of the fedex ground routes you've done. You need to be prepared to not work everyday and to be laid off as soon as the temporary period is over. I worked as a temp driver to begin. I was hired in October, did a week of class in November, and started driving in December. Was let go Dec 31st. The off the street spot opened up the following August and here I am. Almost a year ago now.

To expect to work the temporary season and have a permanent spot is not very likely. To get your foot in the door and to possibly get a position down the line is a better mind set. If you can afford to do it it's a great chance. But its a gamble.

ksc67

I would really think about it and how it will effect your family. The center I work at loads up the temp drivers because of the pay rate difference between full time and temp drivers. Your spouse will be a UPS widow and kids will become fatherless and you will be sucked into the big brown hole of being a driver.