info on Roswell ga hub anyone??

mark98xlt

I've been with ups for 8 years, in the middleburg hub outside of cleveland that's a pretty big hub, gf lives in Alpharetta ga and can't get a teaching job up here due to the economy, so I'm looking to move down there plus I like it down there.. Now I know what I have to do to transfer, say I'm going to school file for classes etc then drop them because they don't check, know I lose my seniority but not my pay and benefits and vacations.. Now my question is how long of a wait is it to drive in that hub because I know I'm basically starting from day one to drive.. I'll have a day job eyc but what is the hub like? Is it big? Any info and links would be nice thanks!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Roswell is a very small hub, I used to think that it is actually a Center near Corporate. The P'Dale Hub (off Pleasantdale Rd) is located first exit North of I-85 and I-285 and is the largest in the state, you need to look into that.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
P'dale is a MONSTER hub,with more chances for advancement I'd think.
Dosent Jack Burton work in Roswell? He can tell you about that Center

mark98xlt

I've read it multiple times that's what to do, it's a shame that's the only way we can get transferred to another hub or i would go that route

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've been with ups for 8 years, in the middleburg hub outside of cleveland that's a pretty big hub, gf lives in Alpharetta ga and can't get a teaching job up here due to the economy, so I'm looking to move down there plus I like it down there.. Now I know what I have to do to transfer, say I'm going to school file for classes etc then drop them because they don't check, know I lose my seniority but not my pay and benefits and vacations.. Now my question is how long of a wait is it to drive in that hub because I know I'm basically starting from day one to drive.. I'll have a day job eyc but what is the hub like? Is it big? Any info and links would be nice thanks!!
I've been driving out of the Roswell hub for close to 13 years. With the tactics you use to get here I'd suggest going to another hub, we have enough people that lack integrity here. You'll be waiting a VERY long time to go driving, last person promoted to FT was last year.

mark98xlt

Please do explain what other tactics I have to choose from to transfer to another hub? I have a flawless attendance, never an issue with management and have busted my ass for 8 years to just give up the pay, benefits that I have earned busting my ass in those trucks. So do explain!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
P'Dale Hub is about 15-18 miles from downtown Alpharetta. I think it has something like six or eight Centers with a very large Feeder Dept, the chance for advancement should be much better than Roswell, which I think has two small Centers in it. I have no idea of the wait times to go full time at the Pleasantdale Hub, that area of Atlanta is very heavy from a commercial standpoint.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wish we could just transfer, no matter the reason. If there is an opening, why not give the job to a current employee?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've researched, from what I read And was told from hr guy the only way to transfer was to do schooling?
That's what I was always told. I think it's BS. If your family has an opportunity in another community, and there is an opening at the facility in that community, why not generate some nice morale and let the employee transfer?

mark98xlt

I've been dating my gf for 2 years long distance And have traveled many times as she does as well, hell she even spends the summer up here (she is originally from up here but took a teaching job down there straight out of college as there are essentially no teaching jobs at all in Cleveland...) so I have made the decision to move down there I am not going to lose the girl over ups so im going to transfer, itself I am giving up 8 years of seniority towards driving in a hub that it takes 12-14 at least to drive... So shame on you guys that say I have an integrity issue, I've worked my ass off for 8 years and have stuck to it, I'm not cheating the system at all nor trying to jump in front of others to drive because im basically starting from day one once I transfer, how's that for integrity or do you drivers think that's not enough sacrifice to transfer????

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've been dating my gf for 2 years long distance And have traveled many times as she does as well, hell she even spends the summer up here (she is originally from up here but took a teaching job down there straight out of college as there are essentially no teaching jobs at all in Cleveland...) so I have made the decision to move down there I am not going to lose the girl over ups so im going to transfer, itself I am giving up 8 years of seniority towards driving in a hub that it takes 12-14 at least to drive... So shame on you guys that say I have an integrity issue, I've worked my ass off for 8 years and have stuck to it, I'm not cheating the system at all nor trying to jump in front of others to drive because im basically starting from day one once I transfer, how's that for integrity or do you drivers think that's not enough sacrifice to transfer????
I don't see where you would be doing anything different than UPS would do to you, and they do. The lack of integrity in their dealings with me is a screaming example.

I hope it works out for you. Happiness is very fleeting and I would grab it, if I could. Just sayin'.

mark98xlt

Exactly, yet these guys say I lack integrity? If I would do schooling I wouldn't be at ups to start off with.. I have ADHD and its hard for me to sit still rather I like to be productive and work with my hands..

menotyou

bella amicizia
Exactly, yet these guys say I lack integrity? If I would do schooling I wouldn't be at ups to start off with.. I have ADHD and its hard for me to sit still rather I like to be productive and work with my hands..
Is there something you have been wanting to study? You could take some classes and just expand your horizons intellectually. It wouldn't hurt. I think everyone benefits from learning new things. Not a comment on you, personally. Just a thought. :bigsmile2:

I took some cooking classes at the local college some years ago. I really enjoyed them. I am thinking about going back myself.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Would you purposely make less to not hit a threshold in order to receive a benefit from the government? It's completely legal but your intentions are what matter. If you actually weren't able to make that threshold because, not for a lack of trying, would it be seen differently? These are some of the reasons that medical coverage for part timers was given a time period to kick in. People would get hired and as soon as they get coverage they had their operation/exspense, then quit. Once again, the intention of what you are doing concerning schooling is what is being questioned and why these things get abused and eventually taken out.