Info on the Metropolitan College scholarship program?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by logisticamaniac, Jan 22, 2014.

1. logisticamaniac

logisticamaniac Worldport or bust

I was looking online to see what kind of scholarship opportunities UPS would provide to help me achieve my bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, and I was excited to see something called the "Metropolitan College." Has anyone heard of this program and/or have done it before? I am stationed at a small hub outside of Knoxville, TN and I have asked my supervisers but no one I have talked to, including HR, but no one knows a lot about it. I would love to be able to transfer and take advantage of the opportunity of a cheaper way to get my education.

From what I understand, the University of Louisville partners with UPS and Worldport to provide a sort of work-study program to help UPSers gain experience and an education at the same time. If this is true, then what do I need to do in order to transfer up there? I've went to the Metropolitan College website and have tried to apply for it, but apparently I must work at the Worldport first before I can start the application.

2. saintrick

saintrick Member

Go to upsers.com and look around. You can find the information you need.

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Call 867-5309 and ask for Jenny. She'll shoot you straight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. logisticamaniac

I swear, I thought that was the number for Stacie's mom.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I hear she's got it going on.

6. logisticamaniac

And she won't be unless I can get to Worldport. Seriously guys, I need some help.

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Getting a serious answer on this site is like trying to make a parakeet talk for the first time.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You may want to look in to other forms of financial aid. www.fastweb.com