Information about BC Members - Getting to know you

Name: Bob (Fastfreight)
Start Date: 6/29/70
Sex: M
Married: 2 children, both boys....5 grandchildren, also boys
UPS position: Retired 5 years ago last January with 33 years of faithful service.
Hobbies: Windsurfing, hiking, hunting, fishing...almost anything outdoors. NASCAR/Football/Baseball/Hockey fan
Stumbled on BC yesterday while searching for retirement info for a friend who still works 'there'
BC member since April 2007, though never posted till August 2008

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Name: Bob (Fastfreight)
Start Date: 6/29/70
Sex: M
Married: 2 children, both boys....5 grandchildren, also boys
UPS position: Retired 5 years ago last January with 33 years of faithful service.
Hobbies: Windsurfing, hiking, hunting, fishing...almost anything outdoors. NASCAR/Football/Baseball/Hockey fan
Stumbled on BC yesterday while searching for retirement info for a friend who still works 'there'
BC member since April 2007, though never posted till August 2008
Is this like old Susannah song? I have to figure it out? Because if you stumbled onto BC yesterday, how can you be a member since 2007?

Name:The Robot
Start Date:09/07
Married:Practically yes.
UPS position:PCD Oxford city centre
Oxford where?

New to the Brown Cafe, "Hey"

:biting:Long time upser, about 21 years now. Currently in Feeder now, just over four years driving the big trucks. Im based here at Main St. in Los Angeles, California. Great job, better than package, alot better. But the hours suck, takes awhile to get used to. Almost every week the hours are diffrent, next week I have to go on a sleeper run. Well I guess thats enough for now, be safe out there....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: New to the Brown Cafe, "Hey"

:biting:Long time upser, about 21 years now. Currently in Feeder now, just over four years driving the big trucks. Im based here at Main St. in Los Angeles, California. Great job, better than package, alot better. But the hours suck, takes awhile to get used to. Almost every week the hours are diffrent, next week I have to go on a sleeper run. Well I guess thats enough for now, be safe out there....
Welcome ferndog, sounds like you've got an interesting life and you'll be able to add a good take to all the threads here. I'd like to hear about that sleeper run, for sure.

ShopStewardLocal177

Name: Matt
Start Date: May 17, 1989
Sex: M Age:39
Originally New Jersey Born and raised.
Married: 2 Sons
UPS position: Package handler, shop steward
Hobbies: Spending time with the family, and if you ask my wife mowing the lawn!
BC member since Since 2008 never posted till now.
Now it's your turn; Who are you?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Welcome Matt! Steve in South Florida here. Originally from New Yawk City. I'm known as STUG on the BC and my info is at the begining of this thread. It'll be nice to have another Steward to bounce questions off of.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Name: They call me the Professor
Department: I.S.
Hired: 2003
Interest: General
Word of mouth led me here.
Welcome Professor, hope you enjoy your stay on the island.:wink2:

Ok, I'll be the first:

Which one did you think was prettier, Mary Ann or Ginger?
I think Ginger was more "glamorous" but I preferred Mary Ann, though nowadays Mary Ann is kinda creepy.

2326988399_44232111ab.jpg

ShopStewardLocal177

"Read the Contract"

ps. Wife and Son also UPS workers.

The Boss

Name: Friends call me Ace
Start Date: October 1999
Sex: M Age:28
Been with my HS sweetheart for 10 1/2 yrs. 2 kids- son about to be 8 and daughter just turned 6.
2 dogs - one is 17yrs old and the other 7 yrs old. 2 birds and a fish tank and pond filled with fish.
Hobbies - dont have much free time but working on cars & house, working out, and playing with my kids...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Name: Friends call me Ace
Start Date: October 1999
Sex: M Age:28
Been with my HS sweetheart for 10 1/2 yrs. 2 kids- son about to be 8 and daughter just turned 6.
2 dogs - one is 17yrs old and the other 7 yrs old. 2 birds and a fish tank and pond filled with fish.
Hobbies - dont have much free time but working on cars & house, working out, and playing with my kids...
Welcome to the Café, Ace.

dcworkinghard

Hello. I am new to UPS. About to take the 5 day training class, so not really working yet, but would like to think that I am. :happy2:
*I live in Maryland
*Married with 3 children
*Package driver

I think I am going to love this job!:sad-very: