sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Name: Frank
Start Date: Sep 11, 2001
Sex: M Age:27
Married: NO
UPS position: Finance Supervisor
Hobbies: Computers, Cars, Photography, Basketball
BC member since: Today.
Wow, this should be interesting. Welcome to the BC "Frank". Is that your real name or how you plan to be?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Name: Frank
Start Date: Sep 11, 2001
Sex: M Age:27
Married: NO
UPS position: Finance Supervisor
Hobbies: Computers, Cars, Photography, Basketball
BC member since: Today.

Hi Frank and welcome to the BrownCafe! Interesting day to get hired bet you didn't get much work done that day...:peaceful:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hi Frank and welcome to the BrownCafe! Interesting day to get hired bet you didn't get much work done that day...:peaceful:
Glad you noticed that Tony. I wonder what that day was like for Frank. I was out on comp awaiting surgery and had to run, LOL, I mean hobble down to a Dr in Ft Lauderdale for a surgical consult. My wife and our newborn daughter (now 8) were home with me. My wife woke me up when the first plane hit. It's still surreal to this day.

I think this is a good idea for a thread. Now that we're approaching 10 years after. How about it, anyone want to start a where were you thread?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Glad you noticed that Tony. I wonder what that day was like for Frank. I was out on comp awaiting surgery and had to run, LOL, I mean hobble down to a Dr in Ft Lauderdale for a surgical consult. My wife and our newborn daughter (now 8) were home with me. My wife woke me up when the first plane hit. It's still surreal to this day.

I think this is a good idea for a thread. Now that we're approaching 10 years after. How about it, anyone want to start a where were you thread?

Yeah...It certainly was a surreal day, hard to believe it was happening and hard to believe it really happened at all. I think your idea of a "where were you" thread is a good one. We did just pass the 8 year mark and we don't have to wait for 10 years..

When it has been 10 years it will actually be 9/11/11, double trouble I hope not! Spooky if you ask me...Happy Halloween!

EmerCond421

Name: Emergency Condition
Alias: 421
Sex: Without :sad-very:
Married: Yes. Third time the charm.
Children:3 GrandKids: 4
Originally from Chicagoland
2nd career, wish I had started younger!
UPS Position: Driver/Service Provider (PC) 1990

UPSMGMNT

Finance Supervisor
Name: Doc
Sex: Male
UPS Position: Aircraft Mechanic
History: Was with Carriers (Interstate Airlines) working UPS aircraft prior to UPS going
in house. With UPS as AMT from 1988 to present. Total time working UPS aircraft 26 years. Total time in aviation 36 years. Work at SDF (Louisville).
Married, three girls 25, 22, 17
Hobbies: Restore old cars, boats, bikes, or anything else old.

drew06

Dress Code

I see alot of drivers wearing fitted hats with there names on the back, and the logo on the front. I was curious where people are getting these. I would like to get one

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Dress Code

I see alot of drivers wearing fitted hats with there names on the back, and the logo on the front. I was curious where people are getting these. I would like to get one

Why don't you simply ask them where they got them? There is probably a private vendor who is personalizing and selling the hats to the drivers. We have a local vendor who has been embroidering brown sweatshirts/hoodies with the logo. These are not authorized uniform items but our mgt team looks the other way when the guys wear them.

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to Brown Cafe, Drew06. We have the same deal here as Upstate. Ask around, there'll be one driver somewhere who is the "go to" guy for this stuff!
Remember, it's not provided by UPS so you'll have to pay for it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Re: Dress Code

Beware of buying that stuff. About the time you think you have got yourself "looking good" someone will make one of those famous management decissions and not allow you to wear it. I know a driver that was given a warning letter because he kept wearing a brown stocking cap that said UPS on it that his grandma had made for him.------------------ (yes, I still have it):sad-little:

jenniferlynn

Name: Jenn

Start Date: Sept 27, 2006
Sex: friend Age:37
Originally from Louisville, Kentucky and currently reside there...
Single/ 2 Sons Ages 15 and 20
UPS position: Ramp Agent, Air Handler, Ramp Rat
Just really started using the site today....
Nice to meet you!!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Name: Doc
Sex: Male
UPS Position: Aircraft Mechanic
History: Was with Carriers (Interstate Airlines) working UPS aircraft prior to UPS going
in house. With UPS as AMT from 1988 to present. Total time working UPS aircraft 26 years. Total time in aviation 36 years. Work at SDF (Louisville).
Married, three girls 25, 22, 17
Hobbies: Restore old cars, boats, bikes, or anything else old.

Doc, Why haven't you joined the melee in "2727 Update"?

DS

Fenderbender

Nice to meet you!!
Glad you found the bc ....ramp rat...LOL

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Nice to meet you!!

jenniferlynn,

Welcome to the BrownCafe! Nice to meet you too!!:happy-very:

Innerstate27

Name: Innerstate
Start Date: 11.16.98
Sex: M
Home: Skokie, IL
Work: Northbrook, IL hub
Position: Primary Sorter
Hobbies: tv/movies, hockey, watching the cubs/blackhawks, music

tonyexpress