Infraction??

I can't believe I am typing this, but.......I ....a... agr....agree with Tie. Well to a point anyway. I do feel Moderation should be (and for the most part has been) even handed. I also think that if a post needs moderated, deleted or whatever that the Mod doing so should state specifically why, (at least) to the offender. I think it has been said here already that we learn from our mistakes, if we don't know exactly what our mistake was, were are bound to repeat that same mistake over and over again.

Dannyboy, you're correct that life is unfair at times, does that mean that creating or allowing even more unfairness is a good idea?

Having said all that, I am not a Tieguy cheerleader and most people here probably already know that is true. In fact, Tie will probably never read this because he has me blocked and that's OK by me. None of Tie's rants and basically hostile laced posts mean that he is moderated heavier than many others on the site. I'm not saying he is treated unfairly, but maybe the Mods need to look inside themselves to make certain they are fair to all posters. Let me add one more thing, I do not feel I personally have ever been treated anyway but fair.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do feel Moderation should be (and for the most part has been) even handed. I also think that if a post needs moderated, deleted or whatever that the Mod doing so should state specifically why, (at least) to the offender. I think it has been said here already that we learn from our mistakes, if we don't know exactly what our mistake was, were are bound to repeat that same mistake over and over again.

For the most part we do that 555 but I personally am not going to waste my time communicating with a repeat offender who knows exactly what they are doing and most times they are doing it to try and instigate flaming and arguments with the Mods. In my opinion, that would be stupid to do so. Stupid as defined by Albert Einstein, "It is stupid to keep doing the same thing (replying and getting into discussions with repeat offenders) and getting the same undesired results and think it is going to change." These posters (there are several) want you to engage them and I'm not going to do it. Cheryl knows she can have my resignation anytime she asks but I am not stupid and don't owe anybody but Cheryl an explanation for my actions.
I'll let the other Mods speak for themselves.

PS - I know this is a broken record as I have said this many times in the past so I apologize for that.

For the most part we do that 555 but I personally am not going to waste my time communicating with a repeat offender who knows exactly what they are doing and most times they are doing it to try and instigate flaming and arguments with the Mods. In my opinion, that would be stupid to do so. Stupid as defined by Albert Einstein, "It is stupid to keep doing the same thing (replying and getting into discussions with repeat offenders) and getting the same undesired results and think it is going to change." These posters (there are several) want you to engage them and I'm not going to do it. Cheryl knows she can have my resignation anytime she asks but I am not stupid and don't owe anybody but Cheryl an explanation for my actions.
I'll let the other Mods speak for themselves.

PS - I know this is a broken record as I have said this many times in the past so I apologize for that.
I do understand what you are saying about repeat offenders and don't disagree with that point. However I do think it would help if anyone who has a post edited or removed should be told by the Mod why . It wouldn't hurt for the notification to be made in full view of everyone, but not necessary. I also realize that for "some" people all the explaining in the world will not make a difference. Can we say, "trying to take a bone away from a dog" ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Part of why I feel there is a smug almost arrogant culture here is because of responses like yours. To me your response would be like me judging your landscaping project which looks pretty awesome by the somewhat bizzare ramblings you sometimes post here. One has nothing to do with the other.Decisions were made here. I should have gotten answers when I privately asked why.Instead I'm being punished for privately asking why.This site can survive and be better off with a more honest exchange of dialogue.I'm willing as I showed to ask the question privately. And as you allude my seniority here supporting this site should get me an answer.

Sounds familiar....
[video=youtube;JFkIqaIYdoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFkIqaIYdoI[/video]

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You cant defend letting seven or eight people openly flame me and then slapping me for the infraction when I finally respond.You cant defend giving me the infraction for a post that has the seven or eight flames quoted and attached to it that I responded to.You yourself would be a repeat offender if you were treated this way here.You yourself would be a repeat offender if you had been moderated for the comments you made in the past.

Sometimes a good cry can be very therapeutic.
[video=youtube;ee925OTFBCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA[/video]

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: infractions two

Hoaxster, an interesting confession to say the least. My "will" which i would like to impose on you was a request for basic honest communication and fair play to all even those you don't like. Perhaps you should resign and let someone take the position who's motivation is helpfulness rather then indifference?

I am indifferent to your request.

And I have not taken any action against you because I do not like you and have therefore recused myself from any Moderation of your posts. That is the fair and honest thing to do

PS Not a confession ... just an illumination.
A small flashlight into the Hoaxster psyche ... maybe.

Re-Raise

Hoaxster may be indifferent but me thinks Tieguy doth protest too much.

I mean really Tieguy don't you have enough to worry about in the real world to get so worked up about some of these little battles on an internet forum.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie

To be honest, I have not had the ability to read the posts that you made that got deleted. Therefor, I do not have the ability to comment on what is or is not the proper thing to do. So dont classify my attempt to suggest a peaceful solution as a surrender of my willingness to fight to the death on principles. In fact, it is my principles that keep me from taking any sides in the debate, I just have hearsay to base an opinion on.

Sorry if you can not accept that.

I know that your PM status is no longer available, but you do have my email address if you want to send a private note.

Best

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Really I think some of us have been cooped up too long. Shut off the pc, go outside breathe some air, blow the cobwebs off.
Enjoy life, see friends, this is a true waste of bandwidth.

fethrs

I'm with Tooner, take a break, give it a rest.Why, why, why?
Why does so and so have to explain why he/she did this or that? Why can't another member post an opinion, an observation or even a disagreement without getting bashed? How hard is to act like an adult, especially online where you have more time to think about what is being said before it gets posted. Come on people, stop with the bashing already it's getting old and it doesn't serve any good purpose. Move on. Let it go. I don't post here as much as I used to but I had to post this. It's the same stuff over and over and it's OLD!

satellitedriver

Part of why I feel there is a smug almost arrogant culture here is because of responses like yours.Smug? To me your response would be like me judging your landscaping project which looks pretty awesome by the somewhat bizzare ramblings you sometimes post here.I have to agree with you, I ramble as a poster, not as a Mod. One has nothing to do with the other.Agreed.Decisions were made here. I should have gotten answers when I privately asked why.You have never PM'd me to ask any questions.Instead I'm being punished for privately asking why.Once again, you never asked me personally.This site can survive and be better off with a more honest exchange of dialogue Honestly, you have been PM'd many, many times explaining the reason for the infractions.I'm willing as I showed to ask the question privately.You never asked me any question about your moderation personally, or privately. And as you allude my seniority here supporting this site should get me an answer.tie, you have been contacted personally, from Cheryl and various Mods through the decades many times, concerning your behavior and why you were being "moderated". A martyr, to the cause of honesty, you are not.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a resurection. Or is it a second comming?

Tie, let it go. We have other fights to fight, wars to win. Pick one. :clubbing:

Best

d