Injured before starting full time driver position

Newhire01

Recently started at UPS. Completed training, was hired as a casual driver/seasonal. Worked for two weeks as a seasonal driver then was offered a full time position! Unfortunately I got injured (non-work related) before I could start the full time position. They asked for my uniform back and took me off the roster and told me to call them once I can return to work. Was that just a formality, them telling me to call them after I am better or am I completely done at UPS?

Recently started at UPS. Completed training, was hired as a casual driver/seasonal. Worked for two weeks as a seasonal driver then was offered a full time position! Unfortunately I got injured (non-work related) before I could start the full time position. They asked for my uniform back and took me off the roster and told me to call them once I can return to work. Was that just a formality, them telling me to call them after I am better or am I completely done at UPS?
Asking for your uniform back isn't a good sign.

Newhire01

That's what I thought. Have you heard of this type of situation before?? I'm just not sure if I should move on because I like the job.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

As long as you are not costing them money probably not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is just a formality. Continue the treatment plan prescribed by your doctor and call when you are cleared to return to work. You may or may not have to see the company doctor before they let you go back on road.

It is July. As long as you are back by the end of September you should be fine. Anything longer than that and you should probably start to look elsewhere.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you saying there is a possibility they will take me back?

Yup but a lot will depend upon the severity of your injury and the timetable for your recovery and possible return.

You have to look at it from there point of view. You get hurt after being here for just a few weeks. In their mind you are now a potential liability. Liability equal money.

Worry about your health first---the rest will work itself out.

8000Shelf

You didn't charge the company with the injury and they already spent $ training you.
They'll take you back at least as a seasonal