Injured driver, returning to work soon

just interested

If my doctor(s) prescribe a return to work with modified driving schedule, such as Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday to start the 1st few weeks; Mon/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday the next few weeks in order to transition back to work after being out of work and in therapy for a little over a year, will my supervisor have to honor the medical return to work prescription?

This injury is not workmen's comp - it was off the clock.

Thanks for the feedback.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If my doctor(s) prescribe a return to work with modified driving schedule, such as Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday to start the 1st few weeks; Mon/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday the next few weeks in order to transition back to work after being out of work and in therapy for a little over a year, will my supervisor have to honor the medical return to work prescription?

This injury is not workmen's comp - it was off the clock.

Thanks for the feedback.
Unlikely, but look into your contract. Ask your union rep. There might be something in your local supplement or even state law ( regardless of WC).

Hopefully someone has a better answer. Good luck, what is the injury if you don't mind me asking?

union4life

Well, not in the way you may be thinking. Most likely, they will not honor any "precription" for a modified work schedule. However, Article 16 Section 6 is where you will find the language for FMLA.

According to information available on the web, off-the-job injuries are covered by FMLA.
http://www.wbng.org/education/fmla.htm

Here is an excerpt from this page.....
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serious health conditions include on- and off-the-job injuries and illnesses which incapacitate you or family member for more than three consecutive calendar days, chronic health conditions, and pregnancy. Absences due to serious health conditions are protected even if they are as short as a day or a part of a day. For instance, if you have a chronic back condition, you might have to use one FMLA day in January, six days in March, three days in April, two weeks in July, a half-day in August, and three days in December. When you call in, you do not have to mention FMLA leave, but you do need to indicate that the problem is more serious than a cold or stomach ache. An employee who informs the supervisor that "my daughter is having an asthma attack" or "my back condition is acting up again" has met his or her notification requirement to trigger FMLA protections.[/FONT]​