injured during work but scared to go to clinic. will i get drug tested?

VIKVAUGHN

a bulk package fell on my toe. i reported it to my lead supervisor. he send me home and told me to take the rest of the week off. i have to return tommorow for work but i am still in pain. my fear is to go back to work and management will have to send me to the clinic. will i have to submit a drug test? i occasionally smoke marijuana... can any one share any advice or similar situations? thank you

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
so i should not expect a drug test once i visit the doctor right? if for what ever reason they do wa t to drug test me still.. what should i do then?
No no no no no no.....if you can last till you go back to work. You go into work....find your steward. Go with steward to sup...tell them you need to file an accident report for the injury you reported last week. Get a workers comp claim # and get your pot laden ass to the ER.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In the future....when you are injured at work badly enough for them to offer you to stay home for a week....you ask to FILE AN ACCIDENT REPORT before you leave the building that same day!! Do not leave without a claim #. And see how fast they want you to show up to work the next day...even if you don't touch a package.

They would need cause to drug test you. Simply dropping something on yourself is not cause.
Plus they probably covered up or failed to report said injury so they probably arnt going down that road. Go to work and got to the doctor.

Remember this as long as you aren't drug free you are and easy mark.

Packmule

First off, it's doubtful they would waste money drug testing a pt loader. Secondly, they would only drug test a driver if he/she had a serious accident which cannot be explained by ordinary circumstances.
Dropping a pkg on your toe does not warrant a drug test.
Sheesh! Can you say paranoia?