Injured on the job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by RiskyBusiness, Apr 1, 2016.

1. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness New Member

Been on TAW since Oct when I was injured during my preload shift and have been on modified duty with restrictions. I'm lucky if I get through a through a week without feeling any pain in the area of my injury but I continue to work because It's better than claiming disability when I know I can get through it with my current restrictions. My question is am I limited to the amount of hours I can work each day or am I required to go home after my guaranteed 3.5? Also it worries me than this much time has gone by and I haven't gotten back to where I was pre injury. How long can I continue to stay on modified duty if my injury doesn't improve?
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

TAW usually lasts no more than 30 days.
  3. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

You've been on TAW for more than 30 days?
  4. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness New Member

Yes since my injury date, I was told management has the ability to request extensions but i dont know for how long this will last me or what the alternative will be.
  5. FrigidFTSup

You're really lucky, I'll tell you that. Usually they deny that so fast your head will spin. Especially with you being on it for almost 6 months.
  6. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness New Member

Why would they deny it? I just read the alternative would be to keep me home and collect from the insurance on disability. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep me working? Which I don't mind
  7. FrigidFTSup

Nope. Because if you're on disability we aren't paying for it. All through Liberty Mutual.
  8. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness New Member

Could it be possible that the FT sup has something against me and wants to keep me working? You mentioned that I'm lucky as if this is a rare occurance regarding extensions.
  9. FrigidFTSup

Decision is made way above our heads. That would go to District Health and Safety.
  10. 661477

661477 New Member

If you were injured on the job it would be a workmans compensation claim, not disablity. What does your doctor say? a re you getting any medical treatment to get you back to work?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

An injury on the job would be worker's compensation, not disability.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness New Member

I'm a bit confused on this matter, yes i filed for worker's comp and have been on TAW since injury and file date. Disability is when there is no work available correct?
  13. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness New Member

I visit the company dr every other week for any signs of improvement. Have already completed 12 PT sessions and have had work restrictions. No other medical treatment other than some prescriptions.
  14. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

"We"? Lol
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Was it your groin?
  16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Disability is for injuries off the job. Workman's comp is for injuries on the job.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The biggest deterrent to getting injured on the job is TAW. Back in the day when you got hurt it was a nice paid vacation.
  18. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Taw in feeders is watching safety videos
  19. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

If your working then your not on TAW. You might be on some sort of pace program.
  20. SmallPackageBoi

SmallPackageBoi Missloader

TAW sounds like a retarded bird noise but what in the heck does it stand for???