Injured on the job

RiskyBusiness

Been on TAW since Oct when I was injured during my preload shift and have been on modified duty with restrictions. I'm lucky if I get through a through a week without feeling any pain in the area of my injury but I continue to work because It's better than claiming disability when I know I can get through it with my current restrictions. My question is am I limited to the amount of hours I can work each day or am I required to go home after my guaranteed 3.5? Also it worries me than this much time has gone by and I haven't gotten back to where I was pre injury. How long can I continue to stay on modified duty if my injury doesn't improve?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes since my injury date, I was told management has the ability to request extensions but i dont know for how long this will last me or what the alternative will be.
You're really lucky, I'll tell you that. Usually they deny that so fast your head will spin. Especially with you being on it for almost 6 months.

RiskyBusiness

You're really lucky, I'll tell you that. Usually they deny that so fast your head will spin. Especially with you being on it for almost 6 months.

Why would they deny it? I just read the alternative would be to keep me home and collect from the insurance on disability. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep me working? Which I don't mind

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why would they deny it? I just read the alternative would be to keep me home and collect from the insurance on disability. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep me working? Which I don't mind
Nope. Because if you're on disability we aren't paying for it. All through Liberty Mutual.

If you were injured on the job it would be a workmans compensation claim, not disablity. What does your doctor say? a re you getting any medical treatment to get you back to work?

RiskyBusiness

If you were injured on the job it would be a workmans compensation claim, not disablity. What does your doctor say? a re you getting any medical treatment to get you back to work?

I'm a bit confused on this matter, yes i filed for worker's comp and have been on TAW since injury and file date. Disability is when there is no work available correct?

RiskyBusiness

I visit the company dr every other week for any signs of improvement. Have already completed 12 PT sessions and have had work restrictions. No other medical treatment other than some prescriptions.