Injured on the job

rod

Retired 22 years
Disability payments are taxable----work comp isn't. Sounds like its time for the OP to see a good comp lawyer. I can't understand why he continues to work if he is still hurting from a work related injury.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Been on TAW since Oct when I was injured during my preload shift and have been on modified duty with restrictions. I'm lucky if I get through a through a week without feeling any pain in the area of my injury but I continue to work because It's better than claiming disability when I know I can get through it with my current restrictions. My question is am I limited to the amount of hours I can work each day or am I required to go home after my guaranteed 3.5? Also it worries me than this much time has gone by and I haven't gotten back to where I was pre injury. How long can I continue to stay on modified duty if my injury doesn't improve?

What is your Local Union No. ?

Thanks.

-Bug-

trickpony1

The "UPS Nurse" isn't on your side.....trust me.

She's not your friend either......and she will tell you anything she thinks you are stupid enough to believe.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You need a good slip and fall crook! Cash in!

DkWVZA.gif

RiskyBusiness

The "UPS Nurse" isn't on your side.....trust me.

She's not your friend either......and she will tell you anything she thinks you are stupid enough to believe.

I thought that as well but she's helped me in terms of clarifying procedure and always cares to know how I'm doing. She even told me to press my sup for my guaranteed hours when they were sending me home for "no work availability". She would tell me to use the phrase "either find me work or the insurance will pay me every time you deny me work". If she was against me she would not have helped me in that case. I like to think she just genuinely wants all employees to get better.

RiskyBusiness

They would have to move you to comp.....if I am following correctly
Yeah that's why I'm confused why I haven't been moved over. I've been told in extremely rare circumstances that extensions can be filed by the building manager to keep me on TAW but I haven't been notified about that happening. Should I speak to my steward or union rep to see what's going on?