Injured

pharacyde

I work on Irregs at large hub and just hurt my back yesterday while team lifting a package with my supervisor.

From the reactions I got from management, seems like I'm in for a hard time. They were already implying that my injury "most likely" was caused by something outside UPS, or that I had been improperly lifting packages and that led to the injury... Despite the fact that I used proper lifting technique, witnessed by my sup.

Anyone have any stories about how injuries typically go?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
or that I had been improperly lifting packages and that led to the injury
true or not, they are still on the hook to see to it you get fixed back.

if they harrass you, see a lawyer. as much as i hate to recomend seeing one, this type of behavior has to stop.

d

LVD*4*LIFE

This is typical. Regardless of how the injury happened, they will try to find a way to make this your fault. You have to dig in & don't give an inch!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
they will try to find a way to make this your fault.

it does not matter if it was or was not. has no bearing on the injury if it happened at work.

further more, if you told your sup that was helping you lift, right away that you hurt your back, there is no question as to what, when and how.

dont sign anything, and see a lawyer.

d

retired2000

why was a sup helping you? first mistake he or she did not hold up their end of the parcel. they let you take the heavy end.