Injury during 30 day probation period

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by westcoastups, May 21, 2014.

1. westcoastups

westcoastups New Member

What happens if you are injured during your 30 qualifying days? Are you automatically disqualified? On your return from injury will you be able to pick right back up where you left off in the process?
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are we talking about a work related injury? If so, are we talking about a lost time injury? I would think that they would put your qualification on hold until you are cleared to return to work. They may even allow you to perform light duty in the building while you are recovering. Take care of yourself first----the job will be there when you come back.

Now, if this is a non-work related injury, all bets are off.
  3. westcoastups

westcoastups New Member

Work related
  4. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

That sucks, what happened?
  5. tacken

tacken Active Member

UPS cares about your health. Just get better and all will be ok.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Bye bye.
  7. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Get his socks before he leaves!
  8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Where do YOU work? Cares about our health...lmao riiiiight.
  9. Where are you going?
  10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Agreed...he's done.... most likely.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

Lost time injury?

They will most likely have you restart your 30 days if you will be out for an extended period of time.
  12. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

There's only 2 things they stress during your probation. Don't have an accident and don't get hurt. I hate to say that it doesn't look good for you.

If I hurt myself during probation, I wouldn't even report it unless I was completely incapable of doing the job. I'd fight through it. Took way too long to get here.
  13. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

If you cannot even work with out getting hurt while you are on probation, why would I keep you as an employee long term.

I am sure there a couple of instances that may qualify as not your fault and that would not cloud your future employment at UPS.
  14. 30 to life

30 to life Active Member

Depends on how bad they need you we are in the beginning of vacation season so I wouldn't worry about it
  15. westcoastups

westcoastups New Member

I understand management's point of view. I've been with the company for over 6 years so I didn't/don't have high expectations for how this will all play out for me. I do feel like I work safe, smart and follow the methods but my body just let me down at a very crucial time.
  16. westcoastups

westcoastups New Member

I tried fighting through through the pain for a few days, thinking I just had a pulled groin but it turns out to be a little more serious than that. Hopefully I can avoid surgery but it's just rest and wait for the time being.
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

Hernia? If this is indeed the case you will be out for at least 6 weeks.