Injury Outside of Work

Overpaid Union Thug

When injured but not at work are we still guaranteed 8 hours? I can't seem to find my contract book and its very hard for me to type this. And SLOOOW! Ive been on TAW before but that was years ago and i was part-time.

Johney

No TAW for off the job injury. Disability is your only way to go. $300 a week here. At least they don't allow it here.

I would go to your doctor and get your restrictions. Then take it to your boss and tell him you are available for work with these restrictions. He will tell you he has nothing for you. Go to unemployment and tell them you have work restrictions but ups has no work for you but you are available to work for them. This should qualify you for unemployment. In Ohio you can collect unemployment and the 300$ a week in disibility.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would go to your doctor and get your restrictions. Then take it to your boss and tell him you are available for work with these restrictions. He will tell you he has nothing for you. Go to unemployment and tell them you have work restrictions but ups has no work for you but you are available to work for them. This should qualify you for unemployment. In Ohio you can collect unemployment and the 300$ a week in disibility.

...and if you had supplemental health insurance you would bring home more than you do now...

Overpaid Union Thug

I will be doing that tomorrow.