Injury question

Mtdriver

Friday I pulled my back delivering a 10ft carpet and reported the injury, went to the dr and was given a 30lbs weight restriction. Now my Hub sup says he's not gonna give me taw and is going to investigate this injury because I took a day off over a month ago to go to my personal dr for back stiffness. I asked for an hr number in the office a couple weeks ago and he's also bringing that in as well. Any advice?

Mtdriver

He says he thinks I'm lying for the fact that I took a day off over a month ago to go to dr about back stiffness. But that resolved after doing stretches my personal dr. gave me to do. I've never had an injury, or filed any grievances. Been with ups for 12 years. driving for 10.
Does the sup have any basis for his doubt?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unfortunately he has probably had his share of employees trying to pass off the job injuries as work related.

As long as you called it in right away and can prove the injury happened as described you will be OK. The most important thing right now is your health. Take care of yourself first and let the paperwork take care of itself.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mtdriver

Unfortunately he has probably had his share of employees trying to pass off the job injuries as work related.

As long as you called it in right away and can prove the injury happened as described you will be OK. The most important thing right now is your health. Take care of yourself first and let the paperwork take care of itself.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yes, there has been a lot of injuries as of late at our center and several people on TAW.
I've seen on here that they are not required to offer TAW, since I've never filed an injury report I really haven't seen this side of UPS. Is there anything I should be aware of that they are required to give me. I did call it in immediately and they asked me to continue to work and call back if it wasn't improving. I did with no improvement finished out my day and filed that night. I feel like they are trying to scare me into recanting on what I said but this is a legitimate work related injury. Any advice on what they mean by "we're going to investigate this?" and what that means as far as getting paid.

sryno

TGIF@1845
Dude been down that road... Sux. They are probably getting there budget hammered with payouts on deductibles to liberty mutual... Which probably paints a target on your center. That's my guess. You followed the rules.... Don't stress. Takes 2 was for liberty mutual to pay. After you speak with your adjuster. Don't trust anyone in this situation. That's all I will say on a public forum. If u need answers or advice u can pm me if its possible.. Good luck brother

Sent using My busted body.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
He says he thinks I'm lying for the fact that I took a day off over a month ago to go to dr about back stiffness. But that resolved after doing stretches my personal dr. gave me to do. I've never had an injury, or filed any grievances. Been with ups for 12 years. driving for 10.

Is the injury in the same spot? Stiffness is not an injury. It is fatigue. Don't you all have stretching at your PCM 's. I know there are days I actually feel it. Especially when they want us to touch our heels.:-)

Mtdriver

Is the injury in the same spot? Stiffness is not an injury. It is fatigue. Don't you all have stretching at your PCM 's. I know there are days I actually feel it. Especially when they want us to touch our heels.:-)
Yes we have stretching but not every day, and these were pretty significant, like laying on the floor and twisting the spine ect. That's what I'm trying to tell them just because I have some stiffness and some pain didn't mean I had a back injury. We'll see how the meeting goes Monday. It just gets exhausting jumping through their hoops. All I want to do is get well so I can get back to work.

3 done 3 to go

Yes we have stretching but not every day, and these were pretty significant, like laying on the floor and twisting the spine ect. That's what I'm trying to tell them just because I have some stiffness and some pain didn't mean I had a back injury. We'll see how the meeting goes Monday. It just gets exhausting jumping through their hoops. All I want to do is get well so I can get back to work.

Laying on the floor? I'm not doing that.

3 done 3 to go

Friday I pulled my back delivering a 10ft carpet and reported the injury, went to the dr and was given a 30lbs weight restriction. Now my Hub sup says he's not gonna give me taw and is going to investigate this injury because I took a day off over a month ago to go to my personal dr for back stiffness. I asked for an hr number in the office a couple weeks ago and he's also bringing that in as well. Any advice?

Oh your advice ---- don't carry things up on your shoulders. Use your power zone. Ups got this one right. If you drop it, don't try to catch it

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How would your sup know that you took a day off to go to the dr for your back? Why would you have told them that?

BrownChoice

How would your sup know that you took a day off to go to the dr for your back? Why would you have told them that?

If you have to see a doctor for anything off the job, don't tell them what its for. You dont even have to tell them you have a dr apt. Just try to get in before start time.