Injury reporting process.

neiko

I went thru this recently .nagging tennis elbow in my inner elbow . Thought it was just sore it will go away .I was wrong got worse and worse. The main key for everyone that gets injured is to report to supervisor right away . And tell them and exact time and location . If u dont have one make it up .my elbow I couldnt put a exact moment on it or time and it led to bs with sups and distric manager . Were they wanted to have me go to my own dr . Which being stupid and uniformed I did . Till my dr wrote a note which sup wanted me to have me have dr change wording. So called union and filed greivance and made them bring me to their dr . Dont let them dictate anything with a injury . What they do is illegal because of their bonuses for non injuries etc , . So if u get hurt report it and have a time and location . It will save u tons of crap . And come off road and go right to their drs if needed

neiko

And if its like a nagging long term injury like bad knees back etc .which we all know is from the job . Get the sup to somehow get the wording repetive put into accident report it will help u in the long run . Cause liberty mutual gonna deny pretty much everything , so if u have to fight it that word will be huge for ur case .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I went thru this recently .nagging tennis elbow in my inner elbow . Thought it was just sore it will go away .I was wrong got worse and worse. The main key for everyone that gets injured is to report to supervisor right away . And tell them and exact time and location . If u dont have one make it up .my elbow I couldnt put a exact moment on it or time and it led to bs with sups and distric manager . Were they wanted to have me go to my own dr . Which being stupid and uniformed I did . Till my dr wrote a note which sup wanted me to have me have dr change wording. So called union and filed greivance and made them bring me to their dr . Dont let them dictate anything with a injury . What they do is illegal because of their bonuses for non injuries etc , . So if u get hurt report it and have a time and location . It will save u tons of crap . And come off road and go right to their drs if needed

Do not make up an injury date!

undies

I hope this went well. I've gone through and currently going through a workers comp injury. I suggest you ask the union to refer you to a lawyer. The lawyer will be able to give you all of the RIGHT answers that pertain to your situation and location. Workers comp is a real headache but well worth it. UPS will not advocate for your well being, speak up and be heard!