Injury Reporting

AlwaysChafed

Not all accidents are avoidable. That is impossible. Texting and driving is becoming illegal, keying in your DIAD as you are walking is just as dangerous.

BURMDPsupe

BURMDsupe,

From the above example I will respond to your post.

You ask "Are you OK?" The employee responds no.

You then ask "What happened?" The employee responds "I was stepping down from my package car and I hurt my ankle."

You then ask "Do you think you need medical attention?" The employee responds no, I don't think so.

What next?

Sincerely,
I

If the employee states that he/she felt pain while on duty, the next step is to follow the chain of command and notify the center manager and safety supervisor/manager.

In my experience, a call goes in to the hotline in case the employee is unable to come to work the next day; or the employee is taken to the medical center that day.

M-

BrownArmy

tumblr_lyufmmtn711qdddnho1_500.jpg

Loyal Teamster

To All Management Employees,

Please take me through your response to the following circumstance:

An employee turns his ankle within 10 minutes he recognizes that this isn't a simple ankle roll that is not an injury. He recognizes he is injured.

Upon this recognition he immediately contacts you and he says the following, and nothing more:

"I was stepping down from my package car and I hurt my ankle?"

Please give a step by step account of how you would respond to this.

Sincerely,
I
I would ask him several questions to try and make him admit he was hurt before work or make it seem as his fault. If that fails i'd ask him if he wants to take a day off or make a dig deal out of it.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics

10 point

I would ask him several questions to try and make him admit he was hurt before work or make it seem as his fault. If that fails i'd ask him if he wants to take a day off or make a dig deal out of it.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
You forgot the part where the supe takes the injured employee to the company's chosen medical facility and barges into the exam room without the employee's permission violating HIPPA Law.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
To All Management Employees,

Please take me through your response to the following circumstance:

An employee turns his ankle within 10 minutes he recognizes that this isn't a simple ankle roll that is not an injury. He recognizes he is injured.

Upon this recognition he immediately contacts you and he says the following, and nothing more:

"I was stepping down from my package car and I hurt my ankle?"

Please give a step by step account of how you would respond to this.

Sincerely,
I
IxZfHxP.jpg