Injury!

Packmule

So, I slipped on the ice under the snow on someone's sidewalk the other day, and crashed down on my knee. Called it in and finished my day. Couldn't walk the next day, however, so I'm off on work comp till Monday at least. Hoping I just bruised the bone. Already feeling a bit better, but I will see how it feels by this weekend.
Went in this morning and signed off on forms, so now I suppose I must guarantee a bunch of office boys I will never fall on ice again. Right. At least not until next time. Kind of like sending a soldier of to war and telling him he will be disciplined if he gets hurt. Or a football player he will be suspended if he gets injured. We can do only so much to reduce injuries, but they will never be %100 prevented... unless we wear steel cleats on our boot. Then you'll get fired for scratching up someone's deck.
One no-win situation after the next.

Ouch

I hope you had a steward with you when you signed all that crap. You are protected by state law when it comes to workers comp. Trust me i got hurt 1-2012 and I'm still out. Take everything one step at a time with the most important step being, make sure your ready for the physical demands of the job before you decide to climb up and down those steps. Make sure you cover yourself cause your truly the only one that has your back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This may vary in his state but here in NY you are not considered to be out on comp until you have been out of work for two weeks. You are out on disability and in my center would be offered light duty so as not to show up as a lost time injury.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Brush up on your safety keys and commentaries.
Regardless how you were injured, I'm sure you'll have to precisely repeat everything verbatim.

That's what happened to me when I slipped on a dock 15 months ago

oldngray

nowhere special
If you do have an injury you will have to go through tons of red tape and BS. I think a lot of it is done on purpose to discourage people from filling out injury reports. I got injured one and was hurt worse because I WAS following methods. I never heard anyone claim there was something I did wrong but still had to go through all of the safety BS.

Packmule

They brought me into watch videos and go through all that today. Paid me for it, and would have given me some light duty stuff but not much you can do on crutches. Burning two days of my floating week next two days. Wish they would let you change a vacation like they used to do in the good old days. Just gets me the way they think their safety stuff can totally prevent everything. It never has and it never will.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This may vary in his state but here in NY you are not considered to be out on comp until you have been out of work for two weeks. You are out on disability and in my center would be offered light duty so as not to show up as a lost time injury.
Correct....and you're entitled to up to 40 days of TAW before they can make you go out on comp.