Injury!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is not true. You are not "entitled" to anything----you may be "offered" up to 30 days of TAW (light duty). Light duty cannot exceed 30 days at which point you would either go on comp (if work related) or STD (if off-duty).
I'm refering to TAW due to an on the job injury. It is up to 40 days according to both my Division Manager and a Comp lawyer.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Most Important thing is to make copies of all paperwork and records of all phone calls. Never give up an only copy of anything. If they tell you you can't do something get it in writing. Believe it or not your management team is NOT qualified to make medical decisions for you even though everyone of them will try. At the first sign that UPS or Liberty Mutual is screwing with you (it normally don't take long) hire a work comp lawyer. Work comp is an up hill battle. They make it that way to discourage people from filling bogus claims. Unfortunately a few bad apples have made it real difficult for those with legitimate work comp claims to get what they deserve. Good luck.

Also, if a management person goes to the hospital/doctor's office with you, he/she may ask to go into the examination room with you.

Just say no.

Packmule

My sup came to clinic, but got called away to help a nearby driver stuck in snow. When he returned he stayed in waiting room. I told him what doc said and he collected their report to turn in. That was it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My sup came to clinic, but got called away to help a nearby driver stuck in snow. When he returned he stayed in waiting room. I told him what doc said and he collected their report to turn in. That was it.

The last time that I twisted my ankle my on-car went to the clinic with me but did stay out of the exam room. I felt bad for him because he had been at work since 7 that morning and I didn't get to the clinic until after 7pm that day.