Injury

helenofcalifornia

I am curious. Is it a national policy UPS has to circle your hours worked on the WOR if you are over? Or planned under? That's why I only read the first column where it shows me the hours paid.

abbear

In Calif recent workers comp reform has taken away the right to see your own doc unless prior to the injury you have a letter from your doctor stating that 1) he has treated you in the past and 2) is willing to continue to do so. If you do not have a letter like this state law requires that you see the 'company doctor'. Even if you do have one Liberty Mutual may try to force you to use theirs. Unfortunately it seems that every injured worker gets an automatic part time job figuring out comp laws in their state.

If you are not making full pay you might want to check with your state disability office. I was originally injured in 2002. When I had my surgery in 2005 I was paid at the 2002 rate (state law). I checked with Ca state disability and found that I could get state disability payments to make up the difference in the rates - $960 vs $680 a week.

Not injured yet? Odds are you will be. Learn how the system works NOW! That will put you more in control.

wily_old_vet

In Calif recent workers comp reform has taken away the right to see your own doc unless prior to the injury you have a letter from your doctor stating that 1) he has treated you in the past and 2) is willing to continue to do so. If you do not have a letter like this state law requires that you see the 'company doctor'. Even if you do have one Liberty Mutual may try to force you to use theirs. Unfortunately it seems that every injured worker gets an automatic part time job figuring out comp laws in their state.

If you are not making full pay you might want to check with your state disability office. I was originally injured in 2002. When I had my surgery in 2005 I was paid at the 2002 rate (state law). I checked with Ca state disability and found that I could get state disability payments to make up the difference in the rates - $960 vs $680 a week.

ABB-Didn't Ca have a big mess with their comp system? If not being able to see your own doctor is one of the cures that sucks for the workers.

abbear

Supposedly wc in CA was in big trouble. But the cure has proven to be worse than the disease. Complaints about workers not getting proper treatment in a timely manner have skyrocketed. And companies STILL have not seen their wc rates fall as promised.

So if the employers are not the problem and now we see that costs weren't driven by massive fraud by employees using their own doctors, well, who does that leave?