Inside full time jobs-working less then 8 hours

UPSmechanicinblue

Have anyone seen full time inside jobs changed due to employees just leaving early because? Seems to be a common practice where an employee is guaranteed 8 hours and frequently works less than 8 just to get home early. Thanks

Yea it's been like that for 15 years since the started the jobs. People take them and pick and choose. It kinda sucks but people do what they do.

UPSmechanicinblue

sorry didnt finish ?. Have these jobs been changed to part time or 2 combo jobs combined due to them leaving early? Seems this would give the company reason to show the union there is not enough work.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
The way I see it, is if UPS is cutting over time, and we are only allowed to work 8. Then, if I can leave before 8 and get paid for 8 then why not?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Many times I left early .
I have constant foot pain and can barely stand .
Soon I'll have surgery to correct this issue .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whoa, what's this is hear about UPS and cutting overtime in the same sentence stuff

Our PCM on Friday was about the dispatch. Our center manager asked that if he lowers our dispatch that we turn around and bring it in. He then said that if we wanted OT that all we had to do was talk to the PDS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
sorry didnt finish ?. Have these jobs been changed to part time or 2 combo jobs combined due to them leaving early? Seems this would give the company reason to show the union there is not enough work.
Just curious you're a mechanic what do you care?

As far as I know mechanics can't switch job classifications. I don't know any mechanics that pay any attention to things like this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As far as I know mechanics can't switch job classifications. I don't know any mechanics that pay any attention to things like this.

Doesn't matter whether he is a mechanic or a porter------he asked a valid question based upon what he sees in his hub/center. It very well could turn out that UPS will take notice and work with the union to convert the two positions in to a combo job.

Overpaid Union Thug

22.3s, or any other full-time classifications, shouldn't be allowed to leave early unless it's a valid reason such as an injury, family emergency, etc. Many people would love to be guaranteed 8 and actually work that 8 hours. The union should address this issue in the next contract. We have to protect these full-time jobs.

UPSmechanicinblue

You are correct except for building maintenance/ I'm about the only one that support us at the union meeting in our area/ almost attend all the union meetings even being it's almost 2 hours way. I like to educate myself on here and pass it onto members. I wok at least my 8 hours daily but see other full time just do pay actual s and leave. To me by them doing this I would think UPS could show the union that there is not enough work to support it being a full time job anymore. When in fact there is things to still do to get 8 hours.

ikoi62

that all depends.
i knew of a mechanic who became a full-time clerk,it is rare but it does happen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are correct except for building maintenance/ I'm about the only one that support us at the union meeting in our area/ almost attend all the union meetings even being it's almost 2 hours way. I like to educate myself on here and pass it onto members. I wok at least my 8 hours daily but see other full time just do pay actual s and leave. To me by them doing this I would think UPS could show the union that there is not enough work to support it being a full time job anymore. When in fact there is things to still do to get 8 hours.
I'll give you props for being involved.

I consider myself very involved and I have to say if I were a mechanic doubt I would be involved at all.