Inside Operations Question?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have noticed that the upper platforms in the buildings in my area are having the chains removed and these yellow gates are replacing them.

These chains have been around for years. I always thought they were a little cheesy and inadequate.

Does anyone know what brought this change about?

Did someone get hurt?

Sincerely,
I

Future

Victory Ride
I have noticed that the upper platforms in the buildings in my area are having the chains removed and these yellow gates are replacing them.

These chains have been around for years. I always thought they were a little cheesy and inadequate.

Did someone get hurt?

Sincerely,
I
Really??????

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

Future,

I think humor and self deprecation are good things also.

I do not think mocking or making derogatory statements toward others is funny.

There is a time for seriousness in life too. Life is not a sit-com like some men like to think it is.

Everything is not a joke. This thread is not a joke.

Back to the point; you obviously do not know the reason for the change and if anyone got hurt.

Sincerely,
I

lmfao.this guy has got to be a troll....mmmmmmmmm' trollicious!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
FunnyPart-com-cheesy.jpg

Did someone get hurt?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
lmfao.this guy has got to be a troll....mmmmmmmmm' trollicious!
Coca Cola Delivery Man87,

I am a long time member here on the BC.

What is your purpose for this comment?

It has nothing to do with the topic and it is a potential distraction to the topic and purpose of this thread.

I would suggest you go to another sub-forum other than UPS discussions and start a discussion thread about what a troll you think Integrity is.

Sincerely,
I

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The gates up by the pickoffs up in the rafters have been used for years in my hub. It's standard but not everywhere has been retrofitted I'm guessing. There was only one work position in the building that was still a chain. What do you care about why safety measures are upgraded iTroll? The chains weren't safe because some boneheads weren't latching them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The gates up by the pickoffs up in the rafters have been used for years in my hub. It's standard but not everywhere has been retrofitted I'm guessing. There was only one work position in the building that was still a chain. What do you care about why safety measures are upgraded iTroll? The chains weren't safe because some boneheads weren't latching them.
TooTechie,

Were the gates in your hubs yellow, either square or rectangular in shape and equipped with a mid-rail?

If not, what did they look like, please describe.

Are you in a large hub or small hub?

I care because I am interested in safety, I have thought the chains were inadequate and I want know what motivated the spending of dollars like this.

The unfortunate reality is that large companies often don't spend dollars like this until someone is hurt or killed.

I am not saying that is the case here, but I was hoping find out what was behind the change.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
You'd have to have been here a while to appreciate Integrity. He's a one-man band with a troll level registering over 9000.Harry Manback,

I am not an internet nor a Brown Café troll.

I come here for discussion.

It is common here for the internet bullies and the true trolls on this site to make this accusation about Integrity.

IMO it is just a way for them to bully by trying to derail attempts at serious discussion and debate.

I don't hold this against them, every man matures at their own rate (sometimes never).

As long as they don't violate TOS I have no gripe or complaint with anyone on this site, even if at times I don't approve of what is said or how it is said.

Sincerely,
I

Sent using a Potato

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Harry appreciates Integrity all the same. Troll or no, Harry thinks Integrity is a swell person. In fact, Harry is glad to see Integrity posting again.

Harry was starting to worry about Integrity.

Sent using a Potato

Integrity

Binge Poster
Harry appreciates Integrity all the same. Troll or no, Harry thinks Integrity is a swell person. In fact, Harry is glad to see Integrity posting again.

Harry was starting to worry about Integrity.

Sent using a Potato
Harry Manback,

Thanks.

Now to the point of the thread.

Does you know what brought this change about?

Did someone get hurt?

Sincerely,
I

Nimnim

The Nim
Someone deemed them inadequate for safety and as such when the chains need to be fixed at my location they're just replacing them with the gates you described. As far as I know no one got hurt, but myself I never felt safe with them. Some of the chains went down to my mid thigh so if I got knocked back into them I was probably going over.