Inside PM routine

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kevin Thompson, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Drummerboy91

Drummerboy91 New Member

Hi, I am a new driver... It's been a little over a week being out on my own and one thing I want clarification on is exactly what happens with each type of package at the end of the day when we return. I understand most of it, but I still just want to make sure I know what I am doing with each return package. Thank you

2. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

We pull off nda and internationals. Also other non delivery pkgs and rts. You might want to change you user name if that's your real name.

3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Hi. Welcome to BC. Don't use your real name on here. And if you have a specific
    question regarding a package you will get more useful answers.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Pull off 2DA as well if you can.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

?

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

we used to be instructed that second day airs were also to be pulled off. Then a little later they said just NDA. Then I had a ride along and the super asked me why I wasn't pulling off 2DA as well. I said we didn't have to any more and he said he had not heard that. So now, if I can, I will. If not, too bad.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have just about the same time in and I have never been instructed to pull off anything but NDA's, Internationals and clerk packages.

8. BrownDog5117

BrownDog5117 Member

Get back to the building, pull off all NDA's, Internationals, Hi Values, and Haz Mats, and unload everything else if you have less than 25 pieces. If you have more than 25, the Local Sort will unload it.

That's how we do it here.

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

It's no big deal for me really so I don't mind doing. Especially if you have your customers trained to separate them from your ground pieces. With my current route I could fill a tote with the amount of air and internationals I get. So I open the swing doors of my P7 and kick it on the belt and I'm done with it. lol.

10. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I had 120 2day air pickups pieces today, was not pulling them off. I did let the unloader know though

11. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Someone kept you out of the loop because they didn't think you could handle the extra responsibility... Sorry big time

12. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Turd

13. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

The truth hurts sometimes champ

14. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Are you talkin to me?

Sorry couldn't hear you

15. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Who remembers when we would just park the truck and walk away from it, at the end of the day.

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And the car washers would wash and fuel and clean the windows and mirrors and check the oil.

17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We pulled 2 day air when I first started.

18. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

my understanding is this. if its a pick up, leave it on the truck. if its a send again, leave it on the truck. BUT if its a package thats NI3 or no such street/number or whatever, thats yours to keep. take that thing home and enjoy!

19. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

thats what we do here

20. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Now that I think about it, we did too. I think we stopped around 1990.