Inside Sales Rep

JNY

I worked as a seasonal helper in the past. I applied afterwords for the ISR position. I have the final panel interview via web cam in a couple weeks. I would need to relocate out of state at my expense. Is this a solid job? Will I need to undergo another background check even thou they did one as a seasonal helper? Any info from people experienced in this position would help. Not just about the job but about the hiring process as well.

JNY

New background check every time you change classifications. Package handler to driver, for example.

Thank you for your response. My only concern is my previous job I was paid cash (no w-2s) so I am worried about employment history check. I told this to the first person I spoke to and they said do not worry about it. But just because this one person said do not worry about it does not mean it might not be an issue.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you for your response. My only concern is my previous job I was paid cash (no w-2s) so I am worried about employment history check. I told this to the first person I spoke to and they said do not worry about it. But just because this one person said do not worry about it does not mean it might not be an issue.
You didn't get a 1099 and claim your income?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Remember, make all kind of promises to the shipper, and never ask the route driver anything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

New background check every time you change classifications. Package handler to driver, for example.

They do not do a complete background check when you go from loader to driver or for any other moves as an hourly.They will pull your abstract to make sure you are qualified for the position.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I worked as a seasonal helper in the past. I applied afterwords for the ISR position. I have the final panel interview via web cam in a couple weeks. I would need to relocate out of state at my expense. Is this a solid job? Will I need to undergo another background check even thou they did one as a seasonal helper? Any info from people experienced in this position would help. Not just about the job but about the hiring process as well.
As you may notice, Brown Cafe is not a very good place to come and ask about non-Union jobs.
I cannot remember an ISR on here before.
I have not done this job but here goes:
ISR is a non-Union, non-management position.
It can be a stepping stone to management Sales position but a college degree is required for that.
It is a solid job (depending on what you mean by solid) in terms of long-term employment. There are ISRs that have been around for 10 plus years that I know of.
Raises once past the first year are merit based but within a bracketed pay scale.
An ISR can be promoted upwards a couple of grades with higher pay and brackets.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You will have to account for this time somehow.
The purpose is to show you were not imprisoned.

JNY

As you may notice, Brown Cafe is not a very good place to come and ask about non-Union jobs.
I cannot remember an ISR on here before.
I have not done this job but here goes:
ISR is a non-Union, non-management position.
It can be a stepping stone to management Sales position but a college degree is required for that.
It is a solid job (depending on what you mean by solid) in terms of long-term employment. There are ISRs that have been around for 10 plus years that I know of.
Raises once past the first year are merit based but within a bracketed pay scale.
An ISR can be promoted upwards a couple of grades with higher pay and brackets.
Thank you for the info

JNY

Be ready to discuss this with your UPS HR person when you are interviewed.
No need to mention whether or not you filed this with the IRS.

I always ask vendors what they prefer - check or cash.
There is an entire separate economy in the US based on cash.
thanks for the tip

JNY

Would living in Mommy's basement be a good alibi?
Are you implying that is where I live. 1. I don't, 2. That is strange assumption that I suppose is intended to be insulting (which it isn't)?, 3. I am assuming by your username and quote that your retired...kids hate you? wife wants nothing to do with you? lack of friends? not sure what your issue is, I am asking simple questions on a forum regarding a position, your just spewing out random and irrelevant attempts at an insult. Where ever your misery stems from, maybe you spent to much time living in mommy's basement and now feel the need to try and insult others with it, it is not even amusing. Try and enjoy your retirement, get some friends in what ever over 55 community you are in, and try to get your family to like you. Not to worry there are many miserable babbling imbeciles such as your self out there.