Inside Worker Discussion, Package Drivers Please Skip This Thread

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

The topic on the CHSP Calendar posted in the hubs in my area for August 29, 2014 was about Egress Compliance and work rules.

It was titled Maintain Access to Exits.

It has 5 bullet points the first 3 were about work rules pertaining to irregular trains and drivers.

I would like to open up a discussion about the last 2.

To paraphase, the last 2 bullet points in my own words were about work rules regarding package placement within the buildings.

In a nutshell they say for one; sort aisle are always to have a small walk path, packages are only to be placed on one side of the sort aisle.

The second point about package placement is that they should not block an exit or stairs or ladders.

I have found that operations in the buildings that I have been 2 rated very poorly in this area when they are not being audited.

What is your experience and observations with these 2 package placement work rules?

Sincerely,
I

Pooter

I will not skip your thread Mr.! >:(

My center rated poorly in these areas and for good reasons.

Other than the obvious reason why not to block steps, we were allowed to stack :censored2: every where we could and it was heaven :D

oldngray

nowhere special
cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images-i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
C'mon Integrity...if you've worked here long enough, you should know that sups enforcing maintaining egress is a flavor of the month like everything else. Nuff said.

If the higher ups stop pumping too-much volume through too-little building, I'm sure egress would not have ever become a flavor of the month. It is a means of shirking liability for the consequences of their actions, nothing more. One feels compelled to agree with the cats on this one.

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

The topic on the CHSP Calendar posted in the hubs in my area for August 29, 2014 was about Egress Compliance and work rules.

It was titled Maintain Access to Exits.

It has 5 bullet points the first 3 were about work rules pertaining to irregular trains and drivers.

I would like to open up a discussion about the last 2.

To paraphase, the last 2 bullet points in my own words were about work rules regarding package placement within the buildings.

In a nutshell they say for one; sort aisle are always to have a small walk path, packages are only to be placed on one side of the sort aisle.

The second point about package placement is that they should not block an exit or stairs or ladders.

I have found that operations in the buildings that I have been 2 rated very poorly in this area when they are not being audited.

What is your experience and observations with these 2 package placement work rules?

Sincerely,
I
What?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If the higher ups stop pumping too-much volume through too-little building, I'm sure egress would not have ever become a flavor of the month. It is a means of shirking liability for the consequences of their actions, nothing more. One feels compelled to agree with the cats on this one.
No....you think yours is the only building working over capacity?? If every employee maintained egress in their own work area...there wouldn't be an issue. But most think why bother when it's only sporadically enforced as a flavor of the month.