Inside workers: Treating customers property with Integrity

For every negative there's a positive. When a customers shipment of cocaine was damaged every employee joined in to clean it up. It all evens out in the wash.

DS

Fenderbender
You guys are way too intolerant.I'm sticking up for Integrity on this one.
This crap happens all the time in big hubs.I see it every day.I do my part by extra taping boxes,and trying to stuff the contents back in it's original box when I see things like this,but our building is huge and the problem is bigger than me.
I believe there is truth in that ups is so production oriented,they choose to pay claims on these, instead of giving it's people the authority to take the time to fix these problems because in the long run,they make more money this way.The big "I" gets my respect here.
Seems to me a lot of you just like riding the "I hate Integrity bus "cuz your friends are on it.
For you folks,he has one thing you don't.

Last edited:

Leftinbuilding

This crap happens all the time in big hubs.I see it every day.I do my part by extra taping boxes,and trying to stuff the contents back in it's original box when I see things like this,but our building is huge and the problem is bigger than me.
I believe there is truth in that ups is so production oriented,they choose to pay claims on these, instead of giving it's people the authority to take the time to fix these problems because in the long run,they make more money this way.The big "I" gets my respect here.
Seems to me a lot of you just like riding the "I hate Integrity bus cuz your friends are on it.

Let me guess......an Imagination??? :happy-very:

PT Car Washer

Seems to me a lot of you just like riding the "I hate Integrity bus cuz your friends are on it.
I have seen the same thing for decades. PT sups and FT sups and managers just look away. Keep the belts running. Piss Poor Management.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
When packages of bulk items (e.g. papers, nuts, bolts, etc.) break open, unless they're obstructing our work areas, we're instructed to leave them be. Either management or the night crew will clean them up. Our DM is adamant that it's cheaper to pay out a claim (replace them item?) that it is to pay us to clean up the mess. Of course, it's hard to quantify good will, so that when a consumer routinely receives defaced packages, they decide to go to FedEx. Unfortunately, production models don't take this into account........

PT Car Washer

When packages of bulk items (e.g. papers, nuts, bolts, etc.) break open, unless they're obstructing our work areas, we're instructed to leave them be. Either management or the night crew will clean them up. Our DM is adamant that it's cheaper to pay out a claim (replace them item?) that it is to pay us to clean up the mess. Of course, it's hard to quantify good will, so that when a consumer routinely receives defaced packages, they decide to go to FedEx. Unfortunately, production models don't take this into account........
Or when the only product you are selling is service.

DS

Fenderbender
When packages of bulk items (e.g. papers, nuts, bolts, etc.) break open, unless they're obstructing our work areas, we're instructed to leave them be. Either management or the night crew will clean them up. Our DM is adamant that it's cheaper to pay out a claim (replace them item?) that it is to pay us to clean up the mess.
See I, its cheaper this way.
Just step over the crap and do your job,and go home to your wife.
Sad but ups.

kingOFchester

I have seen first hand scenarios as what is posted by the OP. Perhaps to not the same degree, but never the less, I have seen packages not treated the way UPS would want to be seen by the public.

Sounds like the driver dropped the ball. The part timers kicked it out of the playing field. Management wasn't even watching the game. However, this is all part of the system.

The system is pushed beyond its limits and as a result some packages will fall victim. The efficiency of the system will off set the loss of a few packages. The question is at what point does the loss of packages off set the efficiency of the system?

S

serenity now

I have seen first hand scenarios as what is posted by the OP. Perhaps to not the same degree, but never the less, I have seen packages not treated the way UPS would want to be seen by the public.

Sounds like the driver dropped the ball. The part timers kicked it out of the playing field. Management wasn't even watching the game. However, this is all part of the system.

The system is pushed beyond its limits and as a result some packages will fall victim. The efficiency of the system will off set the loss of a few packages. The question is at what point does the loss of packages off set the efficiency of the system?

some 23 year old number cruncher is in his light gray cubicle with his Starbucks and a muffin working on that right now * running endless models on his computer till he finds where the two lines intersect.........

sleep tight kids; all is well in Clarksville