InsideUPS fall 2016 edition

ups1990

How many of you read the newest edition of Inside UPS as you were sipping on your vanilla soy latte this morning? Shame of you if you haven't!
I've always believed that UPS is a world wide leader in technology as it relates to delivery companies and reading this newest edition reaffirms it. A driver-helper app! Why couldn't I come up with this brilliant idea! This app can help train driver helpers as to what is expected from him or her without being in a class, love this idea.
Virtual reality as a form to train new drivers is another great idea because the possible scenarios a trainee could experience are endless, virtually if you will.

The one area where I(we) question is ORION. On page 6, our CIO, said that IT is working on a program that "will bring mobility, better analytics tools, and better planning tools to the inside operations." Wasnt Orion developed precisely to fix this issue? Is this an acknowledgement that ORION has become a failure or that with a few fixes it become a successful program? This is the one billion dollar question.

P

pickup

I would think toilet paper would be a better option

Too shiny and slick. Believe I thought about it today when I trying to read it while I was on the crapper and not a square to spare. Instead I dragged myself to the hallway closet with my pants hanging down to get some more toilet paper.

Yes this was at home.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Too shiny and slick. Believe I thought about it today when I trying to read it while I was on the crapper and not a square to spare. Instead I dragged myself to the hallway closet with my pants hanging down to get some more toilet paper.

Yes this was at home.

Rookie move

Always check for paper before you sit down

jaker

trolling
Flip through a few pages of self-congratulatory half truths/stories and then promptly chuck it in the recycling bin.
I love reading the comments , mostly all come from someone in management or corporate and filled with positives comments

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Flip through a few pages of self-congratulatory half truths/stories and then promptly chuck it in the recycling bin.
That's about me unless something catches my attention.
That happened with this edition, when I saw an interview with the current CIO Juan Perez.
He was in IE when I was in IE and he and I worked worked in the same building when he was the District Manager of the Customer Technology group.
Juan is a very intense, but friendly, person that is very smart and sees connections very quickly.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Dont lie, you don't read it, you just pick it up when you put your vanilla soy latte down and the real coasters are on the other end table.