Instructed to open packages to remove broken vases if found on truck

ManInBrown

Nope, sheet as missed, "poss dam" in remarks, and return it to the building. (Per our diad training). I was told to not open packages as it would get me fired. My job is more important to me than a broken vase with flowers in it.
Not here. We had the DIAD training last week about damaged packages. Sheet missed Poss Dmg. Next day in PCM we are instructed to not follow the DIAD training and instead sheet refused didn't want poss dmg. Couldn't make it up if you tried. WAD. Check clears all that matters to me

JL 0513

Not here. We had the DIAD training last week about damaged packages. Sheet missed Poss Dmg. Next day in PCM we are instructed to not follow the DIAD training and instead sheet refused didn't want poss dmg. Couldn't make it up if you tried. WAD. Check clears all that matters to me

We've been told the same. It's really remarkable. If there's so much heat from higher management regarding "missed" pkgs on reports, why are we instructed to do so by higher management?

How about this. I took this pic as we took the training (again) this week. Notice something strange about it? I swear this is how it appeared on screen. No modifying done.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

We've been told the same. It's really remarkable. If there's so much heat from higher management regarding "missed" pkgs on reports, why are we instructed to do so by higher management?

How about this. I took this pic as we took the training (again) this week. Notice something strange about it? I swear this is how it appeared on screen. No modifying done.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Why does missed have a line through it?

JL 0513

Why does missed have a line through it?

This what we're dealing with. I couldn't believe that missed was somehow crossed out right in the DIAD training. Like we're saying this is the proper method, but don't actually do it because we can't have missed, which is what we've been told by center management.

This is why drivers make a lot of money. We are expected to do the impossible. Accomplish opposing methods all day long.

MendozaJ

Open the box. Pick the glass out. Tape box. Dispose of glass. Presumably on the side of the street. My truck has no wastebasket. Attempt delivery. Does this go under SplCnts? I want some time credit for that effort.

Part of me even thinks that this management team discussed how this may reduce claims if mom doesn't realize her flowers were supposed to come with a vase.

This is so egregious. I sure hope your local got on this.

Boulevard859710

It's getting to the point that were going to have to start screenshotting our DIAD training when they try to call us out to prove that we did right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Open the box. Pick the glass out. Tape box. Dispose of glass. Presumably on the side of the street. My truck has no wastebasket. Attempt delivery. Does this go under SplCnts? I want some time credit for that effort.

Part of me even thinks that this management team discussed how this may reduce claims if mom doesn't realize her flowers were supposed to come with a vase.

This is so egregious. I sure hope your local got on this.

...or perhaps they didn't want Mom to have to deal with a broken vase...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can someone explain to me why a damaged packaged is sheeted as missed and not damaged
I've been told it's because it starts the claim process. They don't want us to sheet it that way because the merchandise isn't always actually damaged, sometimes it just needs a rewrap. But really who cares, check clears either way. I just do what I'm told.