Instructional video a prelude to upcoming announcement?

Yankfan

Has anyone seen the "Run, Hide, Fight" video on UPSers.com? If you haven't, it is a homeland security instructional video that outlines what to do if a crazed gunman enters your facility. Is this possibly in preparation for the announcement of the next great "enhancement"? My guess is they are preparing to announce changes to the pension and want to prepare everyone for the potential "reaction".
Any thoughts?

Returntosender

Since when does Homeland Security make videos about what do at UPS if someone or people go crazy?

I wonder if Whole foods has a video for their employees on what to do if a shooting was to occur at their locations?

O/C

Run, Hide, Fight? You mean two hourlies run using sup at a shield? Fighting someone with a gun? I don't get paid enough for that...

Great video, scary beyond belief. Why show this video and not provide real live building security training for the situation. I am at a location that would put me in line with a nut case shooter, no training at all. Too old to run fast anymore, well I am well insured.

I also would be considered more of a physical threat to take out a shooter than our security guards.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like another half baked video they can bring up at the next court case against UPS being negligent hiring the lowest bidding security service for the guard shack.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am fortunate enough to work at a facility with a "no guns allowed" sign by the door, so a would-be mass murderer will have no choice but to turn around and go home. And if by some miracle the would-be mass murderer decides to ignore the "no guns allowed" sign (I know it sounds far fetched, but it could happen) there is an unarmed, minimum-wage security guard sitting in the shack who monitors a malfunctioning metal detector. I know I can count on that guard to put her life on the line to keep a gunman out of our facility. UPS cares about my safety and I am grateful for the "no guns allowed" sign on the door to keep the bad people away.

wilberforce15

One day a guy in a tie stopped to ask me something in the hub. After I answered him....

Me: What do you do?
Him: I'm the Security manager.
Me: You mean Loss Prevention? (with a puzzled look)
Him: No, I'm the Security manager.
Me: Checking people on the way out is Loss Prevention. Checking them on the way in is Security. We only check people on the way out. We only have Loss Prevention. We don't have Security.

He stared me down pretty bad as I walked away. But he had no rebuttal. I've gotten a little crusty in my time here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am fortunate enough to work at a facility with a "no guns allowed" sign by the door, so a would-be mass murderer will have no choice but to turn around and go home. And if by some miracle the would-be mass murderer decides to ignore the "no guns allowed" sign (I know it sounds far fetched, but it could happen) there is an unarmed, minimum-wage security guard sitting in the shack who monitors a malfunctioning metal detector. I know I can count on that guard to put her life on the line to keep a gunman out of our facility. UPS cares about my safety and I am grateful for the "no guns allowed" sign on the door to keep the bad people away.
Is the "No guns allowed" sign underneath the "Please don't steal the contents of packages" sign?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I guess on a related note, in the last few weeks members of a "hired security force", meant to keep an eye on drivers and help out if anyone gives us trouble, have introduced themselves to me and another driver. They claim to be ex-police officers. They have UPS Gateway (airport) badges.

I have had a private guard follow me before, after reporting a drug dealer threatening me after some of his product shipped through our system went missing, so I wasn't totally put off by them. Still, I never see them unless UPS sends them (and I'd be alerted up front). I wonder if this new proactive approach has to do with recent violent encounters involving UPS drivers (like the one caught in a shootout in LA several weeks back.

TxRoadDawg

run hide fight my ass, I prefer draw, aim, and fire. course that big bad ass no weapons on the property sign should keep us all safe. Its worked perfectly except for a few places like kileen tx, ft hood, columbine, and a few other occasions

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
run hide fight my ass, I prefer draw, aim, and fire. course that big bad ass no weapons on the property sign should keep us all safe. Its worked perfectly except for a few places like kileen tx, ft hood, columbine, and a few other occasions

Virtually every mass shooting incident that has occured since 1950 took place in a designated "gun free zone." In the interest of honesty, if we are going to continue with the charade of gun free zones we should at least call them what they actually are..."helpless unarmed victim zones". Only an idiot would herd unarmed people into a marked and designated location in order to make them "safer".

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
gun-free-cartoon-1.jpg

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
"Run, Hide, Fight."

Interesting that "shoot him" didn't make the list. If some :censored2: walks in with a 12 gauge like in the video, I'd much rather have a real weapon instead of that chair the guy picked up.

preload1

Has anyone seen the "Run, Hide, Fight" video on UPSers.com? If you haven't, it is a homeland security instructional video that outlines what to do if a crazed gunman enters your facility. Is this possibly in preparation for the announcement of the next great "enhancement"? My guess is they are preparing to announce changes to the pension and want to prepare everyone for the potential "reaction".
Any thoughts?

Let us review what you are saying here Yankfan. First off. Why is it called Homeland Security when the Homeland is not really secure? The borders are still open to some very bad people and some very bad people that have been here for years. If you did your job at UPS like they do their jobs at Hom Sec, would you still have a job? I think not. Secondly. If someone tries to assault your family are you going to stand there and say wait. "we need to watch the Homeland Security video so we know what to do"? If you're not a no good, obama loving liberal pusillanimous, you are going to grab a gun and put one in the intruders K-5. That's friend.B.I. lingo for the area of the body that contains vital organs. So the answer is....rely on the Government bastards for nothing. All they want is your tax money.

preload1

Sounds like another half baked video they can bring up at the next court case against UPS being negligent hiring the lowest bidding security service for the guard shack.

The real problem is low information voters, possibly like yourself, voting in a no good liberal "president" and congress people who rely on the people who vote for them being stupid and remaining stupid for the rest of their lives. Public school education and the mainstream media= obama 2012.