Insubordination!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
It's not directly the same but it is a challenge. I stood flat footed to both the center manager and DM up in the center manager's office.

I was not fired I was given a warning letter. As it is.....in my 5 going on 6 years I have not even heard of one driver getting fired for any reason in any center near to me.

your my hero. Way to stand up to those bullies. Who the heck do they think they are trying to act like their the boss or something.:happy-very:

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Like I said, it seemed to me the sup was being an :censored2:. I don't like people telling me what to do, I certainly wouldn't let an :censored2:s tell me what to do, contract or not. I have no respect for supervisors treating employees like garbage.

Doesn't it say in the contract that supervisor should treat employees with respect? Oh, that's right, management can violate the contract when ever they feel fit to do so.

Hes a sup its his respnosibility to instruct his employees what to do...within reason of course

upsguy33

Now on the other side of the rollers was a real mess. The loader was getting his butt handed to him all morning long. It had at this point become backed up to the next set of trucks. Belt was being shut off, rung looking for help. All mgnt did was look and start the belt back up. Eventually the friend/t sup comes down and says to me "get over hear and help him clean up his side."

If the friend/t sup knew how to do his/her job correctly, you wouldn't be in this mess, right?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
As it is.....in my 5 going on 6 years I have not even heard of one driver getting fired for any reason in any center near to me.

Your experience tops my 33 years, mostly as a driver and shop steward for sure. And since you have seen more and done more, that makes you the top dog in this conversation.

So since your life experiences have shown you everything, and you dont know of any people losing their job at UPS, I will cease to attempt to change your mind.

Best to you and keep on getting into their faces!

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Not really. I was serious about him standing up to management. That way he knows he is the one that is responsible for his own demise.

Wait,........ thats not how it goes. The way it plays out is that in a year or so, he comes back and posts "just fired for no good reason, what now?" And in the post he goes on and on how management is stupid, and they fired him for their stupidity, cause all he did was brought their stupidity to their attention very politely in a calm manner.

Sound familiar?

Why cant we all get along?

I am, I am letting him win his argument. case closed!
d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hes a sup its his respnosibility to instruct his employees what to do...within reason of course

Exactly. If you are asked to do something and what you are being asked to do is not unsafe then shut your yap and do it. If you still feel as though what you were asked to do was wrong, calmly question your sup after the crisis is over and when tensions have subsided.