Insurance for girlfriend....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm done my rant, but I just want to ad one more thing. With the way this country is going right now, I really really wouldn't be surprised if the next big "treat me equal" campaign is from grown men who like little children. Be it child molesters or not, just those people who like very underage kids. I'm talking under 13 or so. After all, it's not their fault..."God" or whoever made them that way. They just want to be treated equal and be able to do what they are programmed to do without hate from everyone else....

It is disgusting to even compare homosexuality with pedophilia.

A grown man can "like" little children all he wants. One he acts upon those feelings and molests a child, he has committed a crime.

An adult can consent to sex. A child cannot.

What goes on in the bedroom of two consenting adults is nobody else's business. Nobody is victimized by their actions. The fact that some members of society might be "offended" by their actions is just too damn bad.

John19841

It is disgusting to even compare homosexuality with pedophilia.

A decade or two ago, it would have been disgusting to compare homosexuality with heterosexuality...

A grown man can "like" little children all he wants. One he acts upon those feelings and molests a child, he has committed a crime.

An adult can consent to sex. A child cannot.

What goes on in the bedroom of two consenting adults is nobody else's business. Nobody is victimized by their actions. The fact that some members of society might be "offended" by their actions is just too damn bad.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you about the whole victimizing thing, You go on to say "what goes on in the bedroom of two consenting adults is nobody else's business" I agree with that too...The problem here is when they bring that out of the bedroom and into the minds of the general public. What I'm trying to get across here is that I have no doubt that there have been gay people since the beginning of time. It was fine when they kept it confined, but they're now trying to bring it out into the open. Well, if they're offended that people don't treat them the same as a straight person, well you said it well..."too damn bad"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It was fine when they kept it confined, but they're now trying to bring it out into the open. Well, if they're offended that people don't treat them the same as a straight person, well you said it well..."too damn bad"

You are entitled to treat gay people however you choose. There are people with religious or moral objections to homosexuality. It is a free country and everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

The problem starts when our government arbitrarily decides that a certain class of people will be denied the same civil rights as others based solely upon their sexual orientation.

My sister cannot legally get married to her partner in my state. They pay the same taxes and social security that a married heterosexual couple pays...and yet they are denied the same level of benefits. When you cannot recieve your spouses pension...or social security....or medical insurance....simply by virtue of being born gay...that is discrimination, plain and simple. It is ethically and morally wrong.

If you dont believe in gay marriage....dont marry a gay person. Expecting them to "stay in the closet" simply because you think they aren't "normal" is bigoted and narrow-minded.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
sober

there is a group of activists that would have you believe that you are born that way. just like some people are born mass murderers. but does that make you normal? or just wired wrong
What goes on in the bedroom of two consenting adults is nobody else's business. Nobody is victimized by their actions

i could care less about what goes on in your sisters bedroom. as you say, none of my business, just like its none of yours what goes on in mine.

but when that behavior spills out onto the street and screen, and children are bombarded by thier actions both on the screen and school, then there are people victimized by thier actions. and that is why there are no doors on the public bathrooms etc etc etc

d

sx2700

Banned
Definition of normal = conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. If you are gay you are a deviant. Most people are not gay therefore being gay is not normal.

John19841

You are entitled to treat gay people however you choose. There are people with religious or moral objections to homosexuality. It is a free country and everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

The problem starts when our government arbitrarily decides that a certain class of people will be denied the same civil rights as others based solely upon their sexual orientation.

The government did not arbitrarily decide to deny a certain group of people the same rights as everyone else. No one ever came out and changed any laws to affect homosexuals in a negative way. They are not denied rights...they can marry a person of the opposite sex just like everyone else, and like them I cannot marry someone of the same sex.

My sister cannot legally get married to her partner in my state. They pay the same taxes and social security that a married heterosexual couple pays...and yet they are denied the same level of benefits. When you cannot recieve your spouses pension...or social security....or medical insurance....simply by virtue of being born gay...that is discrimination, plain and simple. It is ethically and morally wrong.

See above, but really...I agree with with civil unions. They can get all the same benefits of marriage. But, no...That's not good enough. It has to be called marriage too. Well it's not marriage, we already have that defined as between a man and woman. Why can not they accept the fact that people are willing to accept that they enter into legally binding civil unions? Why can't they just come up with their own darn term for that? Call it whatever they want, just don't call it married.

If you dont believe in gay marriage....dont marry a gay person. Expecting them to "stay in the closet" simply because you think they aren't "normal" is bigoted and narrow-minded.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the world is going to view them as different and because of that they will never be treated as equals...i.e. they will always be made fun of by people if they continue to flaunt it in public. If they don't want to be the joke of someone on the street stop flaunting themselves.

UPSmeoff

You people do realize that i'm a man.

Although i find it quite humorous that this thread has turned into a gay thing.

daiku

Instead of posting here. Just call your HR dept. If they can add her they will.

There can be differences across the country but it s likely that she will be denied coverage.

John19841

Most gay people are no more inclined to deviant or exhibitionist behavior than straight people are. The difference is in our perception when we see it.

Our society considers it perfectly "normal" when Britney Spears or Madonna gyrate around on stage in their underwear. It is perfectly "normal" to use women as sexual objects in advertising to sell cars, beer, tools, whatever. But if we see gay people behaving in a similar manner, we get offended. There is a double standard here.

Do not lesbians find other women attractive? I would think that it should work both ways there. An argument criticizing the use of good looking women in advertisements or whatever can not work because it cannot be assumed that they are just targeted for males.

But I do understand where you're coming from. Just using the image or character of an attractive woman in an ad is one thing, but ads that are targeted to promote one's attractability to the opposite sex is the argument I think you should be making. Something like those TAG body spray commercials, where the guy sprays it and all the girls come running would make your argument much more valid. Assuming you had said that, my response would be this. The commercial is not made showing a guy spraying it and a bunch of guys running to him, because well that is not the norm (people really need to understand this). From an advertisement standpoint, two things are at work here. First off, a vast majority of the population is not homosexual and therefor they have to pick their target audience. And second, and more importantly, because a vast majority is not homosexual, the company does not want the vast majority to see an ad and think, "If I spray this on myself, I'm going to have guys chasing me down" whether they take it that literally or not, it's a subliminal thing.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough again. But just listen to this: We see gay people on TV now on a regular basis. Just try finding a sitcom that makes no mention or does not have a major gay character. Hell, try to find a straight person on HGTV. They're all over TV, and while I find it a bit annoying (obviously, the stations are trying to appeal to everyone, and keep everyone from making noise) I am not offended, nor do I believe anyone else is offended by them being there. The offense comes in everyday life when they try to push that they are the same as everyone else and want the same things, worded the same way as everyone else. Like I've said before, if you want to be gay, by all means, go for it. But, don't force me to be part of your life. I don't force you in mine.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
upsmeoff

normally i agree with toon, but not on this one

if you are found to be dishonest in dealing with this issue, her insurance will be the last of your worries, as you will need to get another job somewhere.

if the need for insurance is there, get a civil union like was recomended for the others.

d

M

mthbstr

Ha, to be common-law married in Texas, all you have to do is say so. "Hi, this is miss so and so, my wife whom I just met." Like in Monte Python. "I married the blonde on Saturday, but now I'd like to trade her for the brunette."

I'm exagerating of course. Seriously, if you share finances that'll do (in common-law states). Call Aetna, the Flex Benefits helpdesk, possibly 1-800-435-7324.

John19841

upsmeoff

if you are found to be dishonest in dealing with this issue, her insurance will be the last of your worries, as you will need to get another job somewhere.

if the need for insurance is there, get a civil union like was recomended for the others.

d

Or if she's like my girlfriend, and doesn't make all that much, have her file for state funded health insurance. Best thing about it? No copays! ...But that depends on your state's program and what there maximum income limits are. In my state, as a driver in progression, I could still qualify if I wanted it...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
upsmeoff

d
I was not sure, but if someone is your dependent, aka, if perhaps she does not work, outside of the home, or is a student, and he pays over 1/2 of her support, which I do not know, and qualifies as a dependant under IRS rules, would she not in fact be legally eligible for coverage on his plan?????? Nothing illegal there.
If she doesnt qualify as a dependant then yes she should take care of herself, with her own insurance.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You people do realize that i'm a man.
dude, i was hoping that was you in the avatar, and not your girlfriend!

just kidding.

it is interesting on how your thread morphed, then ran off without you, or rather over you.

marry her you ole knucklehead. end of story. invite dannyboy to the wedding!

d

filthpig

I do not approve of gay marriage. I do not approve of gayness. I think AIDS is spread mostly by gay people, drug addicts and bisexuals. I don't want gay people, drug addicts and bisexuals eating up my benefits.
Just for the record, I don't like illegal immigrants either.
Or the French.
I also don't care for your opinion of me.
Woo Hooo!! Let's get us a fight goin'!

John19841

I do not approve of gay marriage. I do not approve of gayness. I think AIDS is spread mostly by gay people, drug addicts and bisexuals. I don't want gay people, drug addicts and bisexuals eating up my benefits.
Just for the record, I don't like illegal immigrants either.
Or the French.
I also don't care for your opinion of me.
Woo Hooo!! Let's get us a fight goin'!

....I like the way you think