Insurance help

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bb111, Mar 24, 2008.

1. bb111

bb111 New Member

Can someone tell me when the I am eligible for insurance some say 30 working days, 8 weeks ,90 days what is the real deal here! I made my 30 a few weeks ago, and I really need to know for my daughter, cause needs medical treatment! Thank you for any info!

2. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

Are you full-time or part-time? In my area part-timers have to wait a year to get benefits and 18 months for their family. Not sure about the full-timers benefits though.

3. bb111

bb111 New Member

that is true under the new contract, but the contract states as long as you gain senority before august 1st of this year you do not wait a year, I still fall under the old contract, but I am just trying to find out how long that is excactly thanks

4. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

Then I believe the old contract was 6 months for benefits.

5. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Wow, under our supplement (central) you have to wait 30 working days, (six calendar weeks) and you had medical. It was 6 months for dental and vision coverage, though.

6. CFLBrown

CFLBrown New Member

I think there is a number to call for info on that subject. Check the UPS'ers website and starting looking for numbers for HR or Benefit Information or something. I remember back when I started I called them to check when I was going to be covered so I could get a letter to drop my wife's coverage. Good luck

7. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

Yes it was... I know as I just made it before the new contract passed.