Insurance pack came....Profit?

DontThrowPackages

I was wondering if anyone knew the profit amount the company makes off it's employees under their self-insured health plan? I doubt very much if it's non-profit.

MAKAVELI

I was wondering if anyone knew the profit amount the company makes off it's employees under their self-insured health plan? I doubt very much if it's non-profit.
You really think they are going to release that information? Every year they make it sound like they are losing a ton of $ from our "generous" benefits. Which everyone knows is total bs.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You really think they are going to release that information? Every year they make it sound like they are losing a ton of $ from our "generous" benefits. Which everyone knows is total bs.
Exactly.

If that was the case, insurance would have been taken away years ago.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I thought it was funny how they made the statement that because we saved so much money, that our rates wouldn't go up this year. Well, duh! Who could afford to use it unless you HAD to. I decided not to get a procedure done because I knew I couldn't afford to pay what our insurance didnt cover.

barnyard

KTM rider
Probably on a separate sheet of paper locked up in the SM's office.

Money managers ask the board those questions and will want to know what the company is doing to keep a lid on those costs. If you look at the annual report, it will be a part of the labor costs and it will show amount spent vs amount received and will also show a profit or loss and how much.

overflowed

I thought it was funny how they made the statement that because we saved so much money, that our rates wouldn't go up this year. Well, duh! Who could afford to use it unless you HAD to. I decided not to get a procedure done because I knew I couldn't afford to pay what our insurance didnt cover.
They have saved so much money because they have effectively taken away our insurance in the last many years. We really don't have insurance anymore. Not the way most people think of it.

DontThrowPackages

They have saved so much money because they have effectively taken away our insurance in the last many years. We really don't have insurance anymore. Not the way most people think of it.
If know of any cute single women working for UPS, marry her if you'd like to have serious health insurance.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Without digging through the info, I don't think it's very much. The idea is that with the money FedEx spends + employee premiums, they can provide better insurance than they could acquire had they sought to spend that money on a plan offered by another company. Someone with the time and desire can find out.