Insurance Question from a New Hire

JaxUPSHub

Hey fellow Upsers:

I know it takes One Year for your insurance to kick in, however I was wondering whether new hires within that year have the option to buy insurance from UPS, as in paying premiums until that calendar year expires?

My wife is pregnant (due in March) and we are just exploring the options since it is rather expensive to add the baby to her insurance.

I asked my Sup and he didn't know.

Thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is a very good question. My first thought is that this option is not available and that you should plan on adding the baby to your wife's insurance. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in on this.

JaxUPSHub

This is a very good question. My first thought is that this option is not available and that you should plan on adding the baby to your wife's insurance. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in on this.

Yup, those are my exact words. I hope someone will know!

Thanks Upstate!L:)

JaxUPSHub

Ok: I guess not a SINGLE person knows the answer to this question...

Next question:
How do i get a hold of the plan administrator in my hub?

heyyou1

WE had this issue in our hub 3 months ago. I have asked this question for the employee and have wrote letters to our main offices and the BA is been asking as well. Labor sups. say no, one HR person says yes,another says no, we have not even heard form main office.

JaxUPSHub

WE had this issue in our hub 3 months ago. I have asked this question for the employee and have wrote letters to our main offices and the BA is been asking as well. Labor sups. say no, one HR person says yes,another says no, we have not even heard form main office.

Gotya, well, I'll keep digging around as well. Will update the Post as needed.

Kae3106

Hey fellow Upsers:

I know it takes One Year for your insurance to kick in, however I was wondering whether new hires within that year have the option to buy insurance from UPS, as in paying premiums until that calendar year expires?

My wife is pregnant (due in March) and we are just exploring the options since it is rather expensive to add the baby to her insurance.

Thanks!

Have you called the Benefits Service Center? They're at 1-800-UPS-1508.

UPSGUY72

Hey fellow Upsers:

Thanks!

You do not have that option. Even if you did it is still cheaper paying extra to add your son to your wifes plan than paying for a full cobra type family plan through UPS that could be any where from $1000- $1500 a month.

I would say pay the extra on wife plan it going to be alot cheaper. I can't see it being more than $50 a week extra probably less than that. Does you state have insurance for kids I know where I live the you can buy health insurance throught the state.

Anyways congratulations