Insurance question

ski or die

Ski or Die
Retired from Local 710. I was told by Aetna last summer my insurance would stop at 65. So I purchased a Supplemental Policy in Feb 2014. In April, Aetna sent me a letter saying I was not allowed 2 supplemental policies and to cancel my new one. On 2 separate phone calls with Aetna in April, they told me my insurance was for my lifetime. So I cancelled the supplemental policy end of April. Today, I received the new UPS Health and Welfare Book, and it said policy would cease month of 65th birthday. I contacted Aetna, agent said I was under a different policy and mine was for life. So I read her what the book said. She connected to another agent who said my policy was not in effect. Yet, I received a reimbursement 4 days ago on a Prescription claim. I contacted former insurance company to renew policy, but now it's past the 6 month window to apply so it has to go to underwriting, which could be a problem, past heart surgery. Called Local 710, they were no help at all. Is anybody over 65 and retired from 710? Is insurance still good?

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I'm not from L710 but if you retired before Aug 1, 2013 you are bound by your old policy. In the new Teamcare retirees (persons retiring after Aug 1, 2013) get lifetime bennies which sadly doesn't pertain to any of the previous policies to my knowledge.