Insurance/ Teamcare

No1b4Me

A question for you upsers.... Under our old insurance. A fellow coworker was able to add his live in girlfriend and her kid to his insurance. He had to provide proof they have been living together for X amount of years. With bills etc.. Am i able to do this with our current teamcare insurance?

Indecisi0n

That was not allowed in the old contract. Although a domestic partner would be eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:

No1b4Me

Im in south east and under our old contract /insurance. A fellow coworker added his live in girlfrend /kid to his insurance. Im pretty sure there is a common law marriage thing... with proof of living together. For so many years.

Indecisi0n

Then all someone would have to do to add a friend would say thy been living together and add their name to the cable bill. Sorry but the insurance companies aren't that dumb.

No1b4Me

I know you need some alka you jim layhe drunk
1cc4d3fb444c55fc5ada51ff295c0c99.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
A question for you upsers.... Under our old insurance. A fellow coworker was able to add his live in girlfriend and her kid to his insurance. He had to provide proof they have been living together for X amount of years. With bills etc.. Am i able to do this with our current teamcare insurance?

That was not allowed in the old contract. Although a demotic parter would be eligible.
The only way I can see this being allowed is if his state recognizes common-law marriages. Pennsylvania does not.

No1b4Me

Thanks cementups. Two fellow upsers did add there live in / girlfriend/kid under our old insurance. But teamcare took over. . They did have to provide proof they were living together . Under old insurance. Im in south east. And common law is still law.

No1b4Me

Thanks brown monster. But common law should trump. Marrige. After all our old insurance carried over a friends coverage..

No1b4Me

Well its a she brownmonster. Im comming in as a step dad. We have been dating for 4 years. I only want to cover her . As far as insurance. Her baby daddy has her kids covered. For insurance.