Insurance/ Teamcare

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by No1b4Me, Nov 13, 2015.

1. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

A question for you upsers.... Under our old insurance. A fellow coworker was able to add his live in girlfriend and her kid to his insurance. He had to provide proof they have been living together for X amount of years. With bills etc.. Am i able to do this with our current teamcare insurance?

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

That was not allowed in the old contract. Although a domestic partner would be eligible.

Lasted edited by : Nov 14, 2015
  3. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

This was allowed in my old contract.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Lasted edited by : Nov 14, 2015
  4. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

Im in south east and under our old contract /insurance. A fellow coworker added his live in girlfrend /kid to his insurance. Im pretty sure there is a common law marriage thing... with proof of living together. For so many years.

5. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

Edit...

6. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

contract?

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

What? Nothing changed

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Then all someone would have to do to add a friend would say thy been living together and add their name to the cable bill. Sorry but the insurance companies aren't that dumb.

9. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

I know you need some alka you jim layhe drunk[​IMG]

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

The only way I can see this being allowed is if his state recognizes common-law marriages. Pennsylvania does not.

11. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

Thanks cementups. Two fellow upsers did add there live in / girlfriend/kid under our old insurance. But teamcare took over. . They did have to provide proof they were living together . Under old insurance. Im in south east. And common law is still law.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I made things easy. Got married.

13. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

Thanks brown monster. But common law should trump. Marrige. After all our old insurance carried over a friends coverage..

14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Put a ring on it or she/he gets their own insurance. I tease but there are reasons why insurance is becoming unaffordable.

15. No1b4Me

No1b4Me Member

Well its a she brownmonster. Im comming in as a step dad. We have been dating for 4 years. I only want to cover her . As far as insurance. Her baby daddy has her kids covered. For insurance.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Beyonce?

17. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If your putting a ring on someone's finger for insurance purposes your doing it for the wrong reason.

18. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Are you in Europe?

19. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

For better or worse

20. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Can you post a picture of here