insured Parcel damage during shipping, what odds do I have on getting reimbursed?

chopstic

I used to work in a hazmat responding/damage input position. I've entered alot of damaged package info into our computer records so I might be able to tell you a little of what they're looking for. The first thing UPS is going to look for is how well packaged the item was. And it is not a subjective determination. There are certain packaging guidelines that must be met by the customer when shipping a package or he/she forfeits damage insurance. I remember that at minimum there has to be 2" padding around outside of object, but I think it was more for heavier packages, so yours may have required even more padding. I also remember there was a "drop test" disclaimer, something to the effect of your package must be able to withstand a 2-3ft drop without damaging the item. And the box needs to be rated for the weight of the contents you put in it. You can find that last one by looking at the box maker's certificate stamped on the bottom of the box. I would suggest researching these requirements on UPS.com.

UPSERNOJ

Call 1-800-PICK-UPS. Let a non UPS employee take the information. Mention you are waiting on the inspection. Good Luck!

boober

You guys have been incredibly helpful! Thanks for all the advice! You all pretty much answered everything I was looking for. Hopefully things will work out. Thanks again :)